Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

1 hour between wedding and reception an issue?

We're getting married at Caesars (11-12-11), reception at Maggiano's and they told me tonight that they would need to push our reception back to 7:30pm, (6:00pm wedding).  Assuming the wedding takes 15-20 minutes, I'm trying to figure out what my guests are going to do for over an hour.

I guess it is Vegas, but I have family they really isnt in the party/gamble mood to kill time.

Any ideas or thoughts?  Most of the people attending have been to Vegas before.

Thanks,

Minde and Jon

Re: 1 hour between wedding and reception an issue?

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 hour is nothing, just going and having a couple drinks and gambling some or something would take up that hour real quick I'm sure.  I wouldn't worry about an hour at all:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat.  I am hoping my guests will figure it out on their own.  We are at MB and there is a little shopping center attached for those who aren't into gambling or drinking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have to figure that people wont magically disperse at the end of the ceremony either. I would add 15-20mins of people chatting and then the stroll over to Maggianos (5-15 depending on how fast they are) and that is at least half the time gone already.

My mum who isn't a party/gamble person would probably grab a coffee in that time to give herself a kick to make it through the night!  Maybe if you are doing a welcome bag or the like put some recommendations on their for things to do between the ceremony/reception and list bars, coffee shops, attractions etc. But I think people would easily be able to amuse themselves for the hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing although my ceremony is at Paris....I figure I'll just tell people they can chill at a bar for a few minutes before heading to Maggiano's.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's gonna be some college football on that day so send them to the sports book.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got 2 hours between my ceremony and reception, so don't feel badly.  I was initially freaking out about this and thinking it was a dealbreaker, but a bunch of potential guests told me it means more gambling time for them, so it's cool.   To be fair, it's possibly the best city in the world to have to piss away a bit of time between a wedding ceremony and a reception.  Like one PP said, by the time they filter out of the chapel they'll have just enough time to get to Maggiano's and maybe get there a few minutes early.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My ceremony is at 5pm and reception starts at 7pm.  I don't think your timing should be an issue.  There are plenty of things to keep your guest occupied, so the gap won't seem long at all.

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree that 1 hour is nothing. My ceremony was at 3 and reception was at 6:30. My guest had no issues filling the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's Vegas, trust me they will find something to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an hour and a half gap, and seriously we had the ceremony, took pictures (which EVERYONE stayed for to watch us) then went to the Vegas sign and got to Maggianos right on time. Time passes very quickly especially since people like to mingle and take their time. Some of our guests had not seen each other in a while so people just like to stand around and talk :) Not an issue!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Caesars at 2:30 on 11.12.11. My reception is The Palm in the Forum Shops at 5:00. We have an hour of pictures after the ceremony- I was hoping family would stick around at the beginning to be in a few and then do some with just the two of us. I figured after the pictures, people may want to freshen up or even change, gamble, get a drink or some coffee. Also, it will take people awhile to find their way to the restaurant, especially if you have a bigger group. I think an hour is a perfect amount of time in between (I originally wanted mine at 3:30, which I thought was perfect timing).
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_1-hour-between-wedding-reception-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:77edd22a-a02c-4b20-a626-8c031188c5efPost:3e5e06c6-8bbb-42d4-be51-172827ff7aa6">1 hour between wedding and reception an issue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at Caesars (11-12-11), reception at Maggiano's and they told me tonight that they would need to push our reception back to<strong> 7:30pm, (6:00pm wedding</strong>). 

We have the same timeline and my family does not really drink or gamble either!  I plan on having our WC at Caesars recommending a lounge or lobby area in the hotel where we can have the minister/reverend direct our guests to go too after the ceremony, and once my dress is bustled we can meet them there and thank them for coming, introduce them to our parents, etc.  Most guests will want to use the restroom, grab a drink, play a slot, etc. as PP mentioned though. An hour is nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You guys have me worried! My ceremony is at 2pm. Pictues right after. Dinner isnt until 6pm. I figured it's Vegas! People can find something to do!
    Many local weddings have 4 hours between ceremony and reception so I didnt think it would be a big deal...

Anyways, I wouldnt be worried about an hour :)

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your answers.  I'm not so worried about it anymore, I think we'll be fine.

:-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a 2 1/2 hour gap so I don't think your hour is bad at all. As others have said, people probably won't leave your ceremony area until a little after... then think about the time it takes to get to your reception. If anything its perfect being back to back for guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards