Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Children at the wedding

Ok!  My wedding is an adult affair,  so how do i ensure that people dont show up with their kids? Should i include this information in the invitation or response card in a subtle way? or is that tacky?
Thanks

Re: Children at the wedding

• Options
    Please scroll down through the board, including page 2.  There are usually a couple of posts a day about this topic.

The way to do it is to address the invitation to those invited only.  So don't use "& Family" or list kids' names.  If someone RSVPs with their kid, you are responsible for contacting them and letting them know that it's adults only.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Threaten to sell any children that show up to the wedding into slavery. Put this in large bold type at the bottom of your invite. You're welcome. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_children-wedding-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf59070a-239f-454b-bcde-153bd48c0a98Post:38e4d8fe-2017-444a-891e-ac9e851f5421">Re: Children at the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Threaten to sell any children that show up to the wedding into slavery. Put this in large bold type at the bottom of your invite. You're welcome. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

I want to bring my nephews to this wedding.
  • Options
    GAH. How do you think? You're an adult, right?
    1. Address the invite to the people invited
    2. When they RSVP with extras, call them and explain. "No" works best here.
    3. Expect whiners.
  • Options
    Salt! Love that picture!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_children-wedding-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf59070a-239f-454b-bcde-153bd48c0a98Post:52f31137-e5fe-46b4-b059-8e7c97557bb2">Re: Children at the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please scroll down through the board, including page 2.  There are usually a couple of posts a day about this topic. The way to do it is to address the invitation to those invited only.  So don't use "& Family" or list kids' names.  If someone RSVPs with their kid, you are responsible for contacting them and letting them know that it's adults only.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

or click the FAQ below... whichever is easier
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Thanks, Vallyhoodles!! I love yours too!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_children-wedding-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf59070a-239f-454b-bcde-153bd48c0a98Post:38e4d8fe-2017-444a-891e-ac9e851f5421">Re: Children at the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Threaten to sell any children that show up to the wedding into slavery. Put this in large bold type at the bottom of your invite. You're welcome. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish I would have known this 5 months ago. I totally would have put it on my invites. </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I saw a sign in an antique shop once... maybe you could change the wording a bit and include it as an insert to your invitations:

Unattended children will be given coffee and a puppy.

Innocent
  • Options
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do this unless you're prepared to follow through on it.  Otherwise everyone will know you're full of crap and it won't work for your next wedding.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_children-wedding-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf59070a-239f-454b-bcde-153bd48c0a98Post:52f31137-e5fe-46b4-b059-8e7c97557bb2">Re: Children at the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]<u><em><strong>Please scroll down through the board, including page 2.  There are usually a couple of posts a day about this topic. </strong></em></u>The way to do it is to address the invitation to those invited only.  So don't use "& Family" or list kids' names.  If someone RSVPs with their kid, you are responsible for contacting them and letting them know that it's adults only.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Yes, please. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    LOL!!!!!!!Laughing 
    Pretty funny guys! thanks for all the advice, i appreciate it!
    Later.............
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a good sport!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards