September 2012 Weddings
Options

Odd Job for a Cousin...

Hello! I have a question that hopefully someone can help with!

I have a cousin whom I used to be so close with but years (and my relationship and hers) have forced us apart and borderline her hating me! My family (and extended) was all "up in arms" because she was not a bridesmaid but my close friend was. There is NO way I want her in my wedding party but is there a job I can give her that will appease my family? She is socially awkward so I didn't want her in charge of something like the guestbook and I have already asked people to do readings (for the church service). Is there some sort of background job I can ask her to do? (Whether she accepts it is another matter, but I need to appease my family!)

Thank you!!

Re: Odd Job for a Cousin...

• Options

Did something happen that makes her "hate" you? If that really is the case, I would not just give her something to do just to say you have her involved in the wedding. Your family can be as mad as they want, its up to you and your FI who you want to do what, and whether she is involved.

• Options
    Thanks for helping, there's just a lot of he said-she said complications between us and no matter who talks to her she doesnt see reason, she's very stubborn. Even if she does hate me now, I don't want her to feel left out since I've asked our other cousins to help via readings or handing out programs. I can't seem to think of a job to give her that doesnt require her to be social and my family can stop saying "tut-tut"...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards