North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Location??

Hello Ladies :)

I need some Help deciding on a place to have the Rehearsal Dinner, I'm from the D.C. area so I have NOOO idea whats around other than what I can find online, reading reviews is good, but not helpful since most reviews are really great. There will be about 15 of us so I want there to be plenty of room... I hate going to a restaurant with a big party and feeling cramped in... so I was thinking of Kelly's... which seems like it has a great menu, and it's reasonably priced... but I kinda would like it to be on the water (which it isnt) and I was hoping to do something a little different.. I've heard some good things about Palminco Jacks.. but I worry that it will be a little cramped, and I'm not sure about the menue. Anyone have experience with either one of these resturants with a large party and can tell me their thoughts? Or any restaurant that you would reccomend for that matter would be great!! Thanks os much in advance :)

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location??

• Options
    jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At Pamlico Jacks you can reserve the private mural room which seats 30 max - I haven't been in it yet, but I'd imagine if you only have 15 that you'd be comfortable.  You can also be in the regular part of the restaurant if you'd rather.  I'm dong Pamlico Jacks and we'll have about 25 people.  We're getting the mural room but were told that we have "free reign" of the restaurant and bar for the night.  The bar's nice since it's on the pirate ship and you have views of the sound.  I think there's Aqua in Duck that's on the water too that some other girls have used, but I don't know much about it.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Carygirl14Carygirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black Pelican has great food and they are on the beach road so you have a view of the ocean.  I'm thinking of having them cater my reception. 
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I just got married and we used Pamlico Jack's and it was fabulous!  I too wanted something on the water and Doug was so friendly, I just had to book it then and there.  Like Jen said, there is a semi-private mural room upstairs that can seat your 15 easily and there is alos a larger gathering just above that.

This is the larger room upstairs...and it's much bigger than that btw ;)

Here is the "mural" room:

• Options
    edited December 2011

Do you absolutely want to do it at a restaurant?  We are doing ours at our rental home and having High Cotton do a drop off and set up of BBQ for $15/person.  We are also getting shrimp and grits as an accompaniment from Argyles.  Brianna, where in DC are you?  I live in Leesburg, VA now, but we are moving to Baltimore in a few months.  Let me know if you have anything you are trying to "get rid of" after the wedding since we live close!

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    keb2482 - we're doing BBQ too - we have a bunch of people renting houses so we're doing it at the house FI's family rented. Question, are you inviting only the wedding party? Since everyone coming to the wedding is traveling from out of state (lots from Wisconsin) we were thinking about opening it up to people that were already in town...but I dont know if that will get out f control.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are only doing wedding party and "family."  By family I mean those who are staying in the two houses we are renting.  This will end up being about 40 people is my guess.  I wanted to open it up to anyone who has arrived but FI's family is not cool with that.  I think we are going to invite everyone to join at the house after a certain time for drinks instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

keb2482  - I live in Herndon actually, I will DEF know if I have some things you can take off our hands... thanks for all the advice ladies!! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Brianna!  I work in Herndon.  Still there right now actually because it is our end of quarter....yes its after 8pm on a FRIDAY!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha awesome!! Well, it shouldnt be too hard for you to come pick up the stuff you need then:)
  • Options
    spk4btspk4bt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the Rehearsal Dinner at the newly opened Jeanette's Pier. It holds almost 200 people but we are only having 75 for the dinner - lots of space to mingle! It is a beautiful venue right on the ocean! http://www.jennettespier.net/rent-the-aquariumsWe are using the same caterer as we are for the wedding, Montero's, from Elizabeth City. If you can get any vendors from off the island you will save a lot of money!! And I know they will hate me for saying that, but it's so true!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Outer Banks Brewing Station is great too! I don't know if they have any where for a private function, and it's a little further down the bypass, in Kill Devil Hills... But the food there is great, and their drinks are good too. They also have an outdoor play area for kids!
  • Options
    obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want on the water and the same food caliber as Kelly's, I highly suggest Tale of the Whale!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Check out the Outer Banks Wedding association's website and expo. They have great vendors listed for wedding and rehersal dinner venues.

http://www.outerbanksweddingassoc.org/

Good luck!

C
  • Options
    Hi- I was looking at Jenette's Pier as well. Do they charge the same price to rent the facility for a rehearsal dinner as they do for a wedding?

Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards