Missouri-St Louis

question regarding hourly coverage and down time

My friend is getting married in 2011 and has a 9-10 hour wedding. There will be about 2-3 hours of down time that they will not need photos. Her photographer said that their "hourly coverage" covers from start to finish and not how many hours they are actually shooting. Im guessing because their whole day is pretty much sched around that 9-10 hours . Have any of you had this come up before and what did your Photographer do? Did they add that 2-3 hours onto the reception or just charge you from start to finish (ex: 12-9

Re: question regarding hourly coverage and down time

• edited December 2011
    Our day doesn't have any holes in scheduling like that.  But, our photographer said that they charge from start to finish.  I would say, if they are wanting to fill that time, to look at any parts of the day that could be rearranged or say move the posed or onsight pictures to the empty time to fill it in, or could they add a neat location for additional photos during that time.  I think it is standard for the photographer to charge start to finish because they are still using their time because they have booked you that day, so try to use the time to your advantage!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! i'll let her know. She said she had talked to a few other photogs and that seemed to be the standard. Sounds understandable to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards