Oregon
Options

Silver Falls State Park

Hello, all!I posted earlier about using a rental house for a small ceremony/reception.  I think I have given up on the idea (for now) as it seems like too much work for me and my loved ones.Is anyone familiar with weddings at Silver Falls State Park?  I am nosing around their web site. . . but am not very interested in the Conference Center (seems too expensive for what I really have in mind).  Am hoping I could have the ceremony somewhere in the park and then use one of the ranch houses for reception.In my googling, I found an old (2007) wedding web site of a woman who was married in the Youth Camp (YMCA?) that is in the park.  It looked great and I emailed her, but not sure if that is still a possibility.Anyone know anything about weddings at Silver Falls?Thanks!Karen

Re: Silver Falls State Park

• Options
    sogoodsogood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember a 2007 wedding of a younger bride who had a near shotgun wedding at a camp.  They were planning to search filet mignon and lobster for like $8 per person or something equally as unbelievable.  Anyone remember?
  • Options
    sogoodsogood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SERVE not search.  Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember that, but my friend's SIL got married at the park. Willoughby's catered and the reception was in this big lodge looking thing. They did it on the fairly cheap too. I can try and get details from my friend, but you could also contact Willoughby's and ask what events they've done at the park and which sites they recommend. Sometimes vendors have a little more insider info than guests.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged there, and there was a wedding going on too. I think they did it on the bridge that goes over the water above the falls (it was a small wedding).The YMCA camp though, if it's the place I'm thinking about, isn't really anything special. There's also a huge lodge that people use for kids camping/family reunions, so could be either you're talking about. (used to go with elementary school every summer)There are lots of neat outdoor areas to choose from though. If I were you I would go, walk around, and find a spot that you like.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards