Rhode Island
Options

What to pay the sitter

We are going to hire one of our daughter's daycare teachers to babysit her at the wedding. We have guestrooms at the venue and the sitter will be staying overnight with the munchkin in the room next to ours. We are going to have her come a little before the wedding to help get the baby ready and then be with her all night. I want to make sure we pay her fairly but I really don't know what babysitters go for. I very rarely go anywhere without my daughter and when I do my parents have always watched her. We will of course be providing her room, dinner and breakfast and I was thinking of paying her around $200-$250. Should I just ask her what she would normally charge when she babysits?
Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined

Re: What to pay the sitter

• Options

Wow, I think that is pretty generous... and I am a nanny and have been babysitting for over ten years.  And this is just for her to watch your child during your wedding?  If you offered me that amount of money I would be more than happy with it.  But, you may want to ask her because she might say something lower than what you are thinking.  Then go with the number she says but also tack on a tip. 

• Options
    I generally charge $10 an hour for babysitting unless it's for a group of children.  If you're providing the hotel room I think you can probably go lower than what you're thinking.  But asking her would probably the safest bet.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    I think that if she is staying overnight, and you are paying for the hotel, you can probably charge a less than normal hourly rate for the overnight, but a regular $10 an hr for the wedding portion
    so if she is getting there at 1 pm adn the wedding goes until 10 pm, pay her the $10 an hr. Then since she is technically still watching your daughter but  her meals are covered and lodging, pay her something liek $8 an hr until the morning.

I think $200 would be ample and maybe a nice thank you card.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate help, I will see what $10/hr comes to and ask her what she normally charges as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • Options
    My "nanny" for the day of my wedding is going to be taking care of my 3 year old son from about 9am until 9pm and we are paying her 150$.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards