Delaware
Options

Photogs/Videogs in DE??

Alright ladies...I'm in the search for a photographer and videographer. Kind of a tight budget but pics are very important to me so I'm willing to stretch on the photo  budget and skimp on other things if needed (I'm expecting to pay at least 2000 for photog).
We of course want the traditional portraits with the family etc, but I'm more concerned with the other photos. I love candids and the more artistic and photojournalist look so I want someone who is more inclined to that style....So far we've met with Barefoot Studios in Lincoln and we're meeting with Creative Image Associates tomorrow. Meeting with Leafo Photography and CM Baker next week. Any insight on any of these photogs? Or any suggestions for others we should check out? Also, as far as videographer I have no clue! Help! Thanks!

Photobucket imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
TTC #1 since September 2011
*BFP#1 12/03/11 *EDD 08/10/12 *Natural m/c 12/10/11 4wk6d
*BFP#2 02/04/12 *EDD 10/14/12 Stick baby stick! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photogs/Videogs in DE??

• Options
    wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if u're really looking for quality pics on a tight budget, i'd suggest pete lounsbury. he's the photographer i'm using. based out of his house in christiana (right off of kirkwood HWY) we just got our e-pics taken the other day with him. my faves are in my bio (i have a difficult smile, so i didn't post the ones that i think i look weird in). u can also get to his website from the vendors page.

as for videographer..can't really help u...i'm still looking myself...though i'm mostly looking into students of my sister's friend that teaches film in college.
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • Options
    ChadAngelaChadAngela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be interested to hear your feedback on some of the photogs you meet with.  We just found our venue this weekend, so now it's onto photography and catering! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Foschi in Wilmington.  Email me at hilldog_3 at hotmail dot com if you want to see pics and more details.

I can't PM you for some reason... I assume TK is messed up!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used New Leaf Photography for my pics and Personal Touch Memories for video.  Both were great! 
    I do know that a lot of brides use Martin's for Videography.  they are located in NJ, but travel all over. 
  • Options
    tfinn29tfinn29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We met with Casey from Leafo.  We loved her and their prices are great.  We almost went with them because you got a lot for your money, but after looking at their blog again I just didn't love their editing style.  I think its a matter of personal preference really

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Planning on using BlackSilver Imaging... I'd definitely look in to them! They do some phenomenal work!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jaimerz1025jaimerz1025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Now I have some more research and calls to do...I'll let you know how it goes!

I was looking at Leafo's blog today and I kind of had the same feeling. I love the shots...not sure I love the look of the final product...maybe not quite the style I'm looking for.
    Photobucket imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since September 2011
    *BFP#1 12/03/11 *EDD 08/10/12 *Natural m/c 12/10/11 4wk6d
    *BFP#2 02/04/12 *EDD 10/14/12 Stick baby stick! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Photography by Leah.  We haven't gotten our pictures back yet (wedding was October 2nd), but everything up until now has been fantastic.  One thing though, we booked her before she graduated from school and began focusing more on her photography business.  Her rates have since gone up and I don't know if I would have been able to afford her now.

www.facebook.com/byleah
    www.photographybyleah.com

• Options
    JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Paul McGowan. We just got our e-pics back and they turned out really good. I'll PM you with the info to see them if you like to check out his style. He also has a videographer but he is not on his website. He showed us a sample of his work when we had our meeting and it brought me to tears!! I'm not having a videographer but after watching it i wish I was! lol.

http://paulmcgowanphoto.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chemistry2000chemistry2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Amy Tucker Photography for our wedding.  She was great when we met with her, her prices were wonderful (especially since she has a second photographer included).  Check her out if you are interested her prices are right on her web site.

10/25/08 First Date 07/04/10 Engaged 09/10/11 Say I DO! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Kerry Harrison for the photographer and I'm still looking into videographers.  Look a few posts down for the ladies advice on that.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Stephanie Glover.  I cannot rave enough about her, especially after the disaster we had with our first photog (we switched a MONTH before the wedding...it was the best decision we made regarding it).

Her pricing is wonderful, though I do think she is raising for 2011; we paid $1300 for her all day, a second shooter all day, the slideshow, the rights to the pics, and the pics on the DVD.  We are going to be ordering albums from her, which are very resonably priced.  She doesn't do many weddings, by choice- she prefers couples/maternity/babies/kids.  But she can absolutely do them, and do them well.

Her website is http://www.sgphotos.net/. You can see the beginning of the photos from my October 2 wedding from the link in my siggy.  She will be uploading more over the next few weeks.  The photos in there were also used for a slideshow at the reception (which was FANTASTIC to have, every single one of my guests loved it and several wanted her info!).

Great to work with, very energetic, gets the shots, always up and moving...we LOVED her.  She is amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just realized you (and several others) were still looking for videographers, not just photogs.

We used a family friend who is a film student at UArts in Philly.  Originally, he was not into doing weddings- he did ours for us as a favor since we are "family" (we call his mom "aunt").  I actually just talked to him, and he said that he wouldn't mind doing more weddings.  Which means I can start recommending him on the boards!

His name is Brent Weischel.  He graduates this year with a degree in Film, and really knows his stuff.  He did our ceremony and reception, and was awesome to deal with.  We had many compliments from guests at how he wasn't obtrusive and in the way.  He really tried to be behind the scenes (which was really important to us, since we did a religious ceremony).  Even our photog said he was one of the most laid back and easiest vendors/videographers she has ever worked with- she said she has worked with most of the companies around here, and many of them are very pushy, "I have to get this shot!" type of personality.  Brent is really laid back to begin with, so I can see how he would be laid back at work.

He is doing all the editing for us, and a recap video as well.  Once I get the video, I will post for everyone to see. 

The nice thing about Brent is, since he is a film student he knows his stuff (he has worked with some high up producers in the film industry), but he's not going to charge you an arm and get carried away with it all.  He does his job and does it well.  He's the video equivalent of Photography by Leah- she started her job while she was a student, and does great work.

Since he just decided to do video, he is getting everything together for me (including pricing and his website) and will send it to me.  Once he does, if you want it, let me know and I can send his contact info to you.  If you want it anyway, just to meet and see if you click, let me know and I will send it to you ASAP.

Hope this helps some of you girls- I know a bunch of you were looking to save as much money as possible (since weddings are so darn expensive), and I would highly recommend Brent if you want video to remember your day by.
  • Options
    mandamae01mandamae01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Cynthia Gale Photography.  We used her for our engagement pic and she will probably do our wedding.  She does not have a videographer but she is reasonabley priced and she is super nice.  Her website is www.cynthiagaylephotography.blogspot.com. Good luck!
    Married 08/27/11 Found out we were expecting 08/10/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards