Washington-Seattle
Options

Bridal Bargains - book review

I bought this book randomly earlier this week at B&N, and read most of it over the next three nights.  The book describes a lot of the wedding insustry's practices that are anti-consumer and frankly pad their profit by playing on our emotions - and provides ideas on how to avoid this, when possible.  The authors advocate for saving in reasonable places so you can spend in important places - with specific recommendations on how to do this, pitfalls to avoid, and resources to assist your process.I've been feeling recently that a lot of the information about weddings is kinda out there.  I mean just b/c I'm having a Destination Wedding doesn't mean that FI and I have magically become Bill & Melinda Gates and can all of a sudden pay for a party and outing every day plus transportation for a guest list of over 100 - really, can most people even do this??I strongly recommend this book to anyone who sometimes thinks that the weddings featured in Real Weddings, or in magazines, are nutso spendy but who still wants to have an awesome wedding.  Oh, and the book is "As Seen on Oprah" - which means it must be worth its weight in gold, right?  :)Carrie

Re: Bridal Bargains - book review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used that book too and loved it! Very informative and budget friendly. Another good one is 1001 Ways to Save Money and Still have a Dazzling Wedding.
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree. I really like this book, too, and would recommend it! :)
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards