Michigan-Lansing
Options

venue suggestions, very small wedding

Due to financial issues, FI and I made some pretty big changes on wedding plans. From a 100 guest wedding we are sizing it down to maybe 20 guests and  moving the wedding date earlier (thank goodness I stopped myself from ordering my Save-the-Dates 3 weeks ago!!!). I need suggestions for venues. So far, I am planning on looking at Dusty's and Troppo's which both have private dining rooms. Are there any other options in the area?

Re: venue suggestions, very small wedding

• Options
    lb4908lb4908 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a couple of bride's on the board found some great spaces in Old Town that they liked. The English Inn is known for being pricey but may not be so bad for such a small group. We've done work events there for reasonable amounts when we have a small group. The Golden Rose has a basment room and they're known for great food. The University Club at MSU has smaller rooms for private parties but I believe you still have to be sponsored to have an event there no matter what size. Sorry I can't think of more at the moment. HTH
  • Options
    alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the formality of your wedding, another option would be Dublin Square.  They have a room off to the side that seats 80 comfortably.
  • Options
    sarcole530sarcole530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eagle Eye in East Lansing has a room that holds about 50-80 people. It's their Eagle's Nest. I had my bridal shower there. The food was perfect, and it had a great view of the lake. They are very fairly priced. You should check out their photos and menu.www.hawkhollow.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beggar's Banquet has a room that comfortably held our 25-person rehearsal dinner. It's beautiful, intimate, and well-staffed.
  • Options
    jeanlee123jeanlee123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Turner-Dodge house in Old Town, Lansing. Very intimate and romantic with a retro feel. Site fee is pretty reasonable as well. All you would need is a decent caterer, which a place like Dusty's could do, and their catering prices are reasonable. Another option could be the Kellogg Center. My wedding will be very small as well, and their Red Cedar room is perfect for us.
  • Options
    lesleyandtomlesleyandtom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest The English Inn. I know two happy brides that got married there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards