Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

What's your something "borrowed"?

I am having a hard time coming up with something to borrow... I already have all my jewelry and my dress, veil, shoes, hair accessories. My something old is a brooch that will be pinned to my corsage. The only thing I really need is a little purse, but if I can't find one to borrow, I'm stuck as to what I can borrow, LOL. My mom has a hanky that my Grampa sent from Germany when he was in the Army, and I thought I would use that, but then she's like "Well, you can just keep it." and I'm like "But... but... then it won't be borrowed!", LOL. So, that's my fallback I guess if I can't find anything else. Borrowing something from my mother always ends up that way... if I say I like something of hers, she just gives it to me. So, what is your "borrowed", if it's something other than jewelry?

Re: What's your something "borrowed"?

• Options
    I borrowed a tiny cross from my nana and pinned it into my bouquet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I actually borrowed a penny from my grown daughter.  I didn't wear shoes to my beach wedding (I wore barefoot sandals--like jewelry for the top of your feet, and ankle!) so I put it in my little purse that I used for the day. I didn't want a ha' pence, since they're English and I'm of Scottish heritage, so the US penny was the way to go.  She had an old wheat penny. And she carried the same one as her "something old" when she got married a couple of weeks ago. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    The penny is a cool idea...
  • Options
  • Options
    well im wearing my moms wedding dress, her pearl necklace that was actually my greatgrandmothers, and im also wearing my MOH blue garter(so thats basically two in one! pretty much the dress is mine now!
  • Options
    I am borrowing my married friends garter. 
  • Options
    A friend of mine loaned me her pillow and her unity candle holders...I was touched by her offer so I decided to let that be it because they mean so much to her. =)
  • Options
    I'm borrowing a girlfriend's tiara. She was also going to let me borrow her purse, however her dress was white, and mine is ivory. I'd ask a happily married friend to borrow the purse they used for their wedding day. That way you have that covered. GL
    PitaPata Dog tickers Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I borrowed a "six pence" for my shoe. My MOH let me borrow the one from her wedding!
  • Options
    I asked my one friend if she had a purse I could borrow and she said that she didn't, but she needed a new special occasion purse for the Christmas party this year. So, she and I picked one out together, she bought it, and I'm going to borrow it, LOL. Works for me!
  • Options
    I'm borrowing my best friends's hair comb from her weddng and we are borrow our best man's "birdcage thing" for cards at the reception
  • Options
    i wore the pearls that my mom wore on her wedding day, that she gave to my sister to wear on her wedding day, and my sister let me borrow them.  hopefuly, someday, my niece will wear them too.
  • Options
    I am in the same boat with you sashasmommy! I have no clue what to borrow and anything my mom has she just tells me to keep it.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll be going this route for old & borrowed: using my grandmother's Bible for the ceremony. She passed away and it means a lot to have something of hers there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was totally stuck on what to borrow as well, my something old is my grandma's hankie, my something new is my shoes and my something blue is my garter, I LOVE the penny idea!  I think that is what I will do too!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am borrowing my MOH's purse that she used for her wedding in 07. I am still stuck on my something old & something blue though! Well I still have a lil under 4 months to figure it out...
  • Options
    my grandmother's engagement ring, to wear on my right hand.  also, the rosary made from the roses at my grandmother's funeral, which is borrowed from my dad to be carried with my bouquet.
  • Options
    new- dress and shoes old- earings with diamonds from my moms wedding ring/ pearl necklace given to me by my grams when I was 13 borrowed- hanky from my dad blue- my saphire ring ( I bought it for my first mothers day,it's my sons birthstone) and I have a penny of the year i was born in one shoe and one of the year dh was born in the other shoe.
  • Options
    We remembered last minute that my friend didn't have a "something borrowed" so she borrowed my perfume for the day...
  • Options
    Oh, that's a great idea!!
  • Options
    I'm using my FSIL's veil for my something borrowed, but you could use a bracelet, a ring, a hair accessory. My cousin wrapped a rosary around her flowers, and it was beautiful. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards