Alabama
Options

oil is scaring me

Hey
My wedding is scheduled for 8/28/10 on the gulfshores beach Im beginning to stress about canceling the locations and trying to move to another I have less than three months to throw a wedding together in another location if i do.
Is anyone dealing with this same issue. Or if any one is near the water can you let me know what they are saying.
Please help me come to a conclusion I have 50 guest coming with us.
Jodie

Re: oil is scaring me

• Options
    DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As of now, only tar balls are washing up on some of the beaches. If you are planning to have the wedding on the actual beach, I'd suggest looking into other possible venues just in case the oil makes it past the booms and onto the beaches.

This is the website to the local paper in case you'd like to check it to get updates: www.al.com

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • Options
    kimberlylhnkimberlylhn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a wedding on the beach Aug. 7th.  I am worried also.  They say the oil will reach shore by tomorrow, was there last night and hate to believe it.  No sign of it yet.  I will have a back up plan just incase.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding isn't until April 2011...and even I'm a little nervous about things, they are saying that the effect of it all could last for years. All I have to say to you girls is GOOD LUCK, and I hope that your weddings turn out to be everything you want!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oil is here and our beautiful beaches are stained.  Looking for another outdoor location hopefully still on the water.  Instead of the gulf maybe on the Gulf State Park Lagoon.  It too is a pretty location, in the right spot.
  • Options
    amylo84amylo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oil is already covering the beaches.  better get a move on looking for new locations.  it ain't a pretty sight
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was worried.  I want to say that just within a couple of days after the oil started washing up the city had people out cleaning up our beaches.  Within a few days of that BP sent machines to help with this effort.  I will still be having my wedding on the beach.  It is still beautiful.   The beach is cleaned everyday so you can still walk and enjoy everything about the beach except for swimming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards