Rhode Island
Options

Newport rehearsal suggestions

I am looking for suggestions for a Newport rehearsal dinner for about 40-50 people.

It is a Saturday, wedding is Sunday evening.

Re: Newport rehearsal suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your price point because Newport has so many good restaurants.  The Mooring, 22 Bowens, Sardellas, The Red Parrot (more casual and laid back).

Most of the nicer restaurants in Newport have private rooms, but I know places like the Mooring have minimums for renting out the space.  But with 40-50 people, I don't see you having a problem with making the minimum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out Atlantic Beach Club! They are SUPER reasonable in price, easy to work with, and can accomodate your number easily, even with a buffet. They are technically in Middletown, but they're right on the border to Newport literally right on the beach overlooking the Atlantic. Great spot!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would 2nd the ABC - it's my reception site and have been the easiest vendor to deal with thus far...which is a good thing because they are biggest one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny you posted this! I am currently working on the exact same thing - Sunday wedding, Saturday rehearsal. I am pretty sure we will be going with 22 Bowen's. We looked at The Mooring, but they had extremely high minimums. We also looked at the tennis stadium, which is an awesome place for a rehearsal, but they have a big tournament going on the weekend we are getting married. I'm not sure what type of food you are looking for or your price range, but Sardellas, Puerinis, Christie's, and Brick Alley are also good options. Let me know if you have any questions... happy to share my research with you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for response. I did check with Mooring but it's $5k min and you can only have 45 people. I am also considering outdoor patio at Ocean Cliff. Everything is really expensive on Saturdays... I'll start checking those other places.
  • Options
    linds0524linds0524 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could do it Friday, a little earlier to help w/price and  you can have the day before to try and  relax.
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards