Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Hair/makeup suggestions

I am looking for recommendations on where to get my makeup and hair done on my wedding day.  I don't care if I have it done onsite or at a salon.  The main 2 things are: 1. I need to stay within my budget of $200 (including the trial).2. I want airbrushed makeupAny suggestions would be appreciated!

Re: Hair/makeup suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't had airbrush makeup done before, you'll definitely want a trial to make sure it jives with your skin and that you like not only how it looks and feels in person, but how it photographs. (I went to Rolf's, and I highly recommend it, but it's more than the budget you listed for both trial and day of, so I am not a ton of help.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Second thumbs up for Allison Pynn!  She does an amazing job and is such a sweet person.www.makeupaz.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you guys use Allison for BOTH makeup and hair??Do you have any pictures?  I am really trying to decide who to go with right now and can't decide if it would be good to have a seperate hair and makeup person or some one who does both.... I am hoping to have the whole bridal party get hair and makeup done as well... so maybe having two different people would be a good idea...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not had my trials with her yet, but I plan to have hair and makeup done by her for myself, my MOH, and my FMIL. There is a lot of helpful information on her website and also on her weddingwire profile. She mentions that she can bring an assistant if necessary. Good Luck! :-) Let us know what you decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link to the pics from my trial.http://picasaweb.google.com/lisamaelloydShe takes about an hour per person.  The bride is 1.25 hours.  Call her and talk to her about your thoughts and possibly wanting a second person.  Her and I just had that conversation yesterday!  It was a last minute, indecisive, bridezilla, freakout moment.  I'm having a lot of those this week.  We ended up sticking with just her and not bringing in a second person.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ***The Future Mrs. Fowler*** Can you share any pics of the look that you were going for with us? Thanks :-) I am just curious as I will be having my MU done by Allison as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have any inspiration pics to go by I just described what I wanted, showed her my dress and my wedding colors, and she did it.  Did you see the pics of the makeup trial?  I had airbrush that day and have since decided against it.  My FI hated it.  My wedding is a week from Saturday so I will have the real thing to post soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards