New York-New York City
Options

Budget Dresses?

Hi, Everyone -

I live in Columbus, OH, but am heading to NYC for work in a few weeks.  Any recos on where to go dress shopping on a budget?  Secret places with unique dresses???

Thanks!

Re: Budget Dresses?

• Options
    Maria108Maria108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Atelier is really nice, but mostly 3k and up (some sample sale dresses, but very few)... on 5th Ave.

Macys Bridal is nice too, and they have a ton of dresses at all price ranges.... they are all by one designer though, so I'd check out some photos online first. 

All places require reservations and some even CC to hold the appointment, so make sure to book a reservation in advance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thx, Maria!  I'm so glad you let me know about the appointment information.  Will definitely call ahead.

Thank you!
  • Options
    nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also try The Bridal Garden (bridalgarden.org), which has sample dresses and you can negotiate on the prices. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go to RK Bridal, but bring a friend to help you look through stuff because it's very do-it-yourself (and no appointments).  There were a lot more budget-friendly dresses than at the snazzy bridal salons (and I even found my dress there!)...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Bridal Garden.  I got a great sample dress there for 3K less than retail.  You do need to make an appointment though.  
    April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    shellylee1972shellylee1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK bridal.  lots of choices under 1,000
    no reservations.  wait your turn to try on gowns.  but once it is your turn the bridal consultant is extremely helpful, friendly, not rushed at all.
    bridal consultant Gilda was great!  she found my dress for me!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I strongly recommend Birnbaum&Bullock. They have gorgeous dressed under 1700 in the Rober Bullock collection. And yes, you need appointment!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards