Military Brides
Options

My BM just got really sad news!

My wedding is Saturday and I'm so excited about becoming a Navy wife!  The girl that set us up is also a new military wife.  Her husband is in the USMC and they were planning to get married sometime next year.  Then, he got orders to Japan.  So, he started seeking permission to take a wife and they got the okay.  They moved up their wedding and got married a few weeks ago. 

This past Thursday, she found out they aren't letting her go.  He'll be there for 2 years!!

Sometimes, the military doesn't make life easy :-(
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: My BM just got really sad news!

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks about our BM! SamiJoeB is in the same boat. Her H is stationed there with unaccompanied orders as well. H is in the Navy and has been there for almost 3 years. Congrats on your upcoming wedding btw!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    True story! My H left Valentine's day 2010, and won't come home until early next year.  I'm not going to lie, it's hard, and it can be really difficult to adjust to the time difference between the 2 of them. It has been a true test of our relationship, but Skype makes it easier!! Where is he going in Japan? My H has a phone thats like $50 a month with free unlimited calling to the US (it is a pain to get it serviced, or changed or whatever because the people that work at the office only speak Japanese). It's a beautiful country. Maybe, even if she can't move with him, they could save up and she could fly over and spend some time with him.

Also, He already had orders when they told him he was going to Japan, that's why she's not on them.  The original orders had already been cut and at that time they weren't married. Once he gets there and gets settled if he talks to his chain of command, they can probably help him with getting her over there as well, but he will have to extend for another year so instead of 2 years unaccompanied, his orders will change to 3 years accompanied.  I don't know a lot about the base housing there since H lives in the bricks. I went last year for my birthday and had a great time except when we were in Hiroshima (H and I got spit at a few times for being American and H obviously being a SM). Is your friend on TK? if she'd like to talk more I can give you my email in a PM...

Good Luck to you on your upcoming wedding!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Sami. Being so far away from them is hard. But she'll adapt to it. H used to have one of those phones untilit git cancelled cus the auto payment didn't go through for some reason. That offer is also hard to come by! Your friend can visit her H and stay there for up to 3 months at a time. I used to fly over there for a few weeks to month at a time just to ne with H. It's a grwat country with an amazing culture and food! But there are some places that are racist like Japanese only restaurants.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the misspells! I am posting from my phone and cannot edit!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I was gonna say Has someone been drinking Kara? but I get it..

Most of Japan is AMAZING!!! but there are some places out in town that won't let Americans in at all and stuff like Kara said. She always has the option to go visit, but she would be on her own while he was at work because if his command is anything like my H command, he'll work... ALOT.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha. I only ever drink when H is around, I get tipsy very easily! She will be alone a lot but she can use that time to explore! Or when I don't feel like doing that I laze around and read a lot!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Also, she will love the food! I miss Japanese food so much, I've had it twice this past week! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmm.. I love to read!!!

I was totally about to threadjack.. but I stopped myself.  OP, I think that Kara and myself have the most experience with this so feel free to PM us if you or your friend have any other questions!! haha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Me too! I LOVE reading! H and I have a ton of books, we like to collect! And I usually read 1 book per day when I'm over there! What was the threadjack going to be? lol. 

OP, definitely PM us if you have any questions! Maybe your friend should come on here! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha.. all about reading and the project I've been doing over the weekend.  I got some old furniture, a bed and a desk, and I've been stripping them, sanding and painting them red over the weekend... I don't even remember how I was trying to tie that into this thread though.. haha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha. That seems like a lot of work and something I probably can't do! That's great, it will look good red!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOOOVVE to re-finish/re-purpose things. I'm redoing the whole upstairs in my parents house in Black, White & Red. Black and White Toile bedding on my new red bed and I might wallpaper one wall with toile in my sitting room. I think it shall be lovely!! and much better than the pepto pink of my room now(I'm kind of obsessed with this fabric though and would love to have this bedding...if only it weren't $700)

The best part is that I got the bed and desk for only $75!! I love thrifting!!!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    That bedding is beautiful! I love the color combination you are using! You got that stuff for so cheap! I can't wait until we PCS so I get to decorate! Still got to find a place though. Lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already have all the major rooms for our home (wherever it is) decorated.. in my mind at least.. ha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Nice! I do the same somtimes but change my mind with what to do! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards