Chit Chat
Options

At work...need to vent!!

So because it’s not professional to vent on FB… I’ll do it on here! There’s this dumb b*tch who started working on my team about two months ago. She was our receptionist and she wanted a different position so they dumped her with me. She still cannot do the job at all. My big boss and direct manager have both been out of the office for a week now, so not only have I been doing their jobs, but my own and fixing this chic’s mistakes. When my boss left, he told me to make sure I addressed her on any mistakes she makes…so I did. I saved every single email, none of which were rude, mean or anything. Well he’s back today and asked me to still help out since my manager isn’t back until tomorrow. So I’ve been doing just what I have been for a week now, and when I emailed her this morning to tell her she forgot to put something in a file, she came over to my desk and started SCREAMING at me, telling me I’m not her manager and she doesn’t have to listen to a damn thing I say and a bunch of other crap. My boss  heard and came over and talk to both of us and she lied through her teeth about what I had said to her. Luckily there is another woman who sits by us and was able to verify that she was lying… but she’s not even getting in trouble!! My boss basically told me that yes she was out of line, but we need to learn to get along. So.damn. frustrating.  That’s all…I feel better now J
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: At work...need to vent!!

• Options

I feel your pain.  I work in a 2 woman office, and I am the assistant, but have been here much longer, so CW and I lock horns when I try to explain company policy/contract agreement to her. She made it clear to me she wants things a certain way, and she does not care what our contract with the client says.

I decided to let her do things as she sees fit, then the DSO (Director of Site Operations) can deal with her when she visits in a couple of weeks. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I HATE MY ASSISTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have needed to scream this all morning.  Thank you for giving me a place to do so!  I am to the point where I just want him fired because he doesn't get it, regardless of how many time he is shown something and how many times we talk about what needs to be done...he doesn't get it and I am at the point where I do not even bother asking/telling him to do something because I know it will not be done how it should be so I suck it up and do it myself. 
    Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live. Life. Proceed. Progress.
  • Options
    Last year they tried to fire her (because she sucks!) so she played the race card and said that they hated black people and were disciriminating against her....I guess she forgot that she's one of the 8 black people we have in the office!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to At work...need to vent!!:
    [QUOTE]So because it’s not professional to vent on FB… I’ll do it on here! There’s this dumb b*tch who started working on my team about two months ago. She was our receptionist and she wanted a different position so they dumped her with me. She still cannot do the job at all. My big boss and direct manager have both been out of the office for a week now, so not only have I been doing their jobs, but my own and fixing this chic’s mistakes. When my boss left, he told me to make sure I addressed her on any mistakes she makes…so I did. I saved every single email, none of which were rude, mean or anything. Well he’s back today and asked me to still help out since my manager isn’t back until tomorrow. So I’ve been doing just what I have been for a week now, and when I emailed her this morning to tell her she forgot to put something in a file, she came over to my desk and started SCREAMING at me, telling me I’m not her manager and she doesn’t have to listen to a damn thing I say and a bunch of other crap. My boss   heard and came over and talk to both of us and she lied through her teeth about what I had said to her. Luckily there is another woman who sits by us and was able to verify that she was lying… but she’s not even getting in trouble!! My boss basically told me that yes she was out of line, but we need to learn to get along. So.damn. frustrating.   That’s all…I feel better now J
    Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]

Tk is no better than fb, actually it is much more public than fb so i would be careful. People have been found even though they do their best not to be. 

With that being said i would tell your boss that he can deal with her then since it is not your responsibility & you only did so as a favor to them but not to be completely disrespected when you were just doing what you had been told to do. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards