Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Favorite drinks poll

I'm going out to celebrate a friend's 21st tonight and realize I have no clue what to order from a bar (it's been a while). What are your favorite drinks to get from a bar?(Mixed drinks preferred over shots, I can't blow too much money)

Re: Favorite drinks poll

• Options
    I'm a total puss when it comes to liquor, so I order Malibu and pineapple.
  • Options
    Vodka tonic with lime.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    If I want a bottled drink, I'll usually see if they have Smirnoff Ice or Bacardi Silver or something because I don't like beer.  As far as a mixed drink, my favorite is a fuzzy navel.  Really, anything with fruit juice and alcohol will do.  :)
  • Options
    cranberry juice and peach schnapps.  Its delish!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ditto brie, thats what I was gonna say. I like it with tonic or just plain water. Ive started using less of the mix and more of the vodka to progress into a gimlet.
  • Options
    Cruzan & grapefruit juice
  • Options
    pineapple and malibucranberry, vodka, splash of spritepineapple, malibu, splash of cranberry
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    margarita!
  • Options
    Bacardi rum & diet coke
  • Options
    I'm usually a beer wine person but I like Sprite and peach schnapps and malibu coconut rum and coke.
  • Options
    I drink beer (well, did) because I like it and because mixed drinks overwhelm me.  GL!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I actually hate the taste of most alcohols,  so I always order a Malibu Bay Breeze - coconut rum, pineapple, & cranberry juice. They are really good. You can't really taste the alcohol, but be careful because they have a tendency to catch up on you fast if you order a lot of them.  To make it cheaper, just get coconut rum with Sprite. If you want to try a shot, go for a Snow Cone (they are electric blue and taste just like they sound) or a Jolly Rancher (tastes just like an apple jolly rancher). They are not too expensive. If you like really sweet alcohols, my best friend used to swear by Blackberry something, I want to say rum but I'm drawing a blank. Someone might now what I am talking about though. She always mixed it with coke/pepsi and it was really good.
  • Options
    hurricanes are pretty good too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mojitos are my favorite.
  • Options
    Sucrets, My friend wants me pregnant so badly. When she invited me she was like "sooooo can you drink alcohol or are you knocked up already finally please please please"
  • Options
    Haha, katie!  When are you guys going to start trying?

• Options
    I have taken a liking to White Russians lately. I don't drink a lot of them because they are high in calories...but they are strong and only take a couple to start feeling good.
  • Options
    You can never go wrong with a margarita - on the rocks with a float of Chambord, so good! Washington Apples are good too. I really like vodka and cran with a splash of Rose's lime. Oh, there's so many... if you're a light weight, you can't wrong with sour apple martinis (probably a little passe though)...  
  • Options
    We haven't started trying trying yet, but I'm off bc so we're not actively preventing either. We'll probably start trying in January if it doesn't happen before then.
  • Options
    ::crossing my fingers for you katie:: Hope you get good news soon!
  • Options
    White wine mojitos cosmos Bloody Marys (I have never had a hangover from bloody marys, I think because of the tomato juice) I like margaritas, but they can be kind of rough if you have too many. Highballs (rum and coke, whiskey and 7-up....)
  • Options
    GL katie!  It seems a bunch of us P&Ers are fertile, so I'll have my fingers crossed for you, too!

• Options
    It's kinda weird feeling too. Not a year ago my parents would have freaked if I said I'm pregnant...now if I even joke about it they get this shiny look in their eyes and get all excited.
  • Options
    mags - really??  zomg!  Fertile thoughts to both of you!!

• Options
    mags - that's what I loved about charting - I knew exactly what was going on!

• Options
    Amaretto sour or vodka and cranberry. I don't like anything ridiculously sweet, though.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Amaretto Sour is by far my favorite. Yummy!
  • Options
    charting discussion in a drinks thread... boooooooo.any fruity-flavored vodka (orange, raspberry, pear, etc) in tonic or sprite.  you can drink those all night.  my personal fave is vanilla vodka & diet coke.... just enough caffeine to keep me awake, but low cal and delish :)
  • Options
    I second (possibly third) cranberry juice and peach schnapps VERY sweet, but also very good...it helps too because you drink them slowly. Or maybe I am just a puss and have to drink them slow.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a non-drinker... so when I'm at bars, I tend to stick with the classic- Shirley Temple. Oh so cheesy, but I love it.
    planning bio
    "My favorite color is fluorescent beige."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards