Texas-Houston
Options

Update

Okay...it has been a while since I have posted.  The date is May 15th, 2010.  Wedding will be at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Church at 7...reception immediately following at the Cypress Chateau.  (HUGE CHECKS- church 750 plus 185 for choir, 185 for organ) (Cypress Chateau is 1,036 a month until wedding).  Honeymoon booked- Cruise leaves 5/16 at 4 pm to the Bahamas.  (1500- I thought I was paying 500 to reserve and they took the whole amount...whatev).  I ordered Save the dates from 123 print for 7.95. Has anyone ordered from there?? What are the reviews?  What I need from you... a good photographer for CHEAP!! around 1 thousand???  and suggestions for the amount of alcohol to order...around 120 guests..we are getting two kegs...what about wines??  Boxes?? how many to order??  We do NOT want to run out but we do not want to be stuck with a ton extra.I appreciate your input.Carolyn...soon to be Sommar...
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Update

• Options
    edited December 2011
    photographer Michaelle with Tresor Photography I think her small package is around 1k and she is amazing. [url]www.tresorphotography.com[/url]
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Alcohol you should really try Mandola's Liquor. They will deliver everything to you. They do kegs, bottles, liquor, wine, sodas, water etc. They even provide the ice & mixers. They will pick up whatever was not open and only charge what was open. They will give you enough alcohol and more for your guest. They know how many per person. We saved alot of money using them. For an open bar for 150 people we spent $1200. They are really easy to work with. This was something we didn't have to worry about at all with them.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh..Liz...I am way jealous of your pictures.  I emailed your photographer and the cheapest package they had was 2,300.  Your photos are amazing....you look like a model.  I am going to try Tresor.  Thanks for the tips.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Carolyn, we are wedding twins!  I've done as much as you have, lol.  I'm also using Mandola Liquor per Liz's rec.  When are you sending out your Save the Dates?  Do you have your invites yet?  I haven't started looking yet!  
  • Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    ccrabtree: thank you. you are so sweet. Looks like you have most of your stuff done. hhaydee: So glad you are using Mandola. They are a great vendor!
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend just got married at Christ the Redeemer on saturday!!! Are you using Deacon Bob? He was wonderful!!!! The church is beatiful too
  • Options
    deenov7deenov7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crab, you can use a drink calculator online to figure how much beer/wine you will need. It's great because it lets you input what kind of drinkers will be at your party....I doubt grandpa will drink as much as your younger group. Anywho, my photography is awesome. She's new to the business and was recommended to me by a fancy, well-known person months ago. So far, i love her work and she's really sweet and helpful.  She recently got married and understands all the stress and crap we go thru. Anywho, her packages are w/in your budget. Check her out: Julie Wilhite---she does have a website and blog.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay...maybe I am wierd...I started looking at Tresor photographys website and I am in love.  I love her shots.  I got one suggestion and I got the feeling that everything was right with michaelle (don't you love it when you get the 'right' feeling).  So Thank you so much Mirie.  I am going to look into Mandolas also.  I don't know who our Deacon will be yet.  Wow..I still can't believe I found my dream photographer through one post. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sending out our Save the dates with Christmas cards- two birds- one stone???  Postage is expensive.  I am also going to order my invites from 123 print.  It is like 65 bucks for 200 invites.  I might add my own ribbon or something to fancy them up.  I am going with the love kaliedescope theme. I totally spelled that word wrong.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards