Delaware
Options

Venue Vent

So I was playing with the idea of moving my reception site a bit closer to the church as you guys know.. ( thanks for the advice by the way). I placed a call into the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center in Salisbury. I left a voice mail with my wedding details for the event planner Arlene, who unfortunately did not return my call. So I let a few days pass thinking she may had been on vacation or out of the office, and still no return call. So I called again..... Left another message with all of my info and waited a few more days.. Still no call.  So I called another extension yesterday and spoke to a gentleman who basically told me that he couldnt help me and that I really needed to speak with Arlene. So I then called back today and was finally able to get up with her. When I told her my name and stated the nature of my call she said "oh yeah I got your message" When I asked that I was waiting for a return call, she stated that my date was not available so she didnt call me back.... WTF??? Are you serious?? Really??? How could she assume that since my date was not available that it was not negoitable or warrant a call back to even tell me.??? So needless to say that I will NOT be having my reception at the Civic Center. After that warm response I got from her, I wouldn't dare give that venue my hard earned money.

Re: Venue Vent

• Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, how rude.  She definitely should have called you back to at least acknowledge you.  And why wouldn't she call back just to get you to stop calling her?  Did she enjoy getting messages from you?

Hang in there.  You'll find something.

• Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugg...This is why I posted about how vendors are why bridezillas exist (Sept 2011 board).  That is a shame.

At least you found out how that could have gone now
  • Options
    EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow- so much for customer service...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards