Oregon
Options

DRESS HELP!!

i have gone and looked at a few places for my dress around vancouver,wa...and over at bridal exclusives in clackamass. and several people had told great things about them....i was there over 10 minutes, and at least 5 employees there and not one person said ONE word to me i couldn't believe it....i quickly just looked through the racks and then left.....i was going to go out to portland this weekend and take a look...any suggestions?? i know the style i want and love love love the Maggie Sottero dresses-Benecia, Ruby, and Patience, but no one seems to actually have ANY in stock.....anybody know otherwise? i can't make myself order the dress without trying it on!!! Please HELP!

Re: DRESS HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you call places for an appointment rather than just dropping in.  You'll get much better service that way. You could also try Charlotte's or Tower Bridal- I know they both carry Maggie Sottero dresses.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Maggie Sottero dresses. Good quality and fabulous!  I am getting the "Natalia" dress.  I have looked several places and I went to Emporio Bridal because the Maggie Sottero website said that they are the only registered retailer for her in Portland (not true).  They did not aknowledge that I was even there, not to mention that it is located in a mall with more Prom dresses than anything.  I did not find any Maggie dresses there.  I have looked at Charlotte's and they are over priced but said they would match the price I found cheaper for "Natalia."  They did have Maggie's there as well as lots of other beautiful dresses.  The BEST place for dresses that I have found is The Hostess House in Vancouver.  That is where I am getting mine. I went to several places in Oregon/Vancouver. Now, they had a fire recently in the reception area the night before I went to order my dress. I talked to the owner and she assured me that none of the dresses were damaged.  They re-located them to avoid any oder damage.  They should be opening back up in a couple of weeks.  The Hostess House had the cheapest prices, the biggest selection, the best service, and the had LOTS of Maggie dresses there.  They were the only one that had the one I want.  You don't have to make an appt. If you are trying to go cheap, there is a place that has new/used donated dresses that you can look through. There is litteraly a warehouse full.  Proceeds go to making memories for breast cancer.  It's by appt only and you can find the info on makingmemories.com. I hope this helps, good luck!!:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry....the website is makingmemories.org  not .com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at The Silver Lining Bridal Boutique in Portland.  Their a family business.  Great place, lots of chooses.  I walked in and found my dress in minutes.  They also do customized jewelery.Their address is:315 SW 4th Ave Portland, OR 97204(503)241-7470Hope this helps! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI -- I'm pretty sure Silver Lining is having a sample sale right now.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone soo much! i really appreciate it! definitely helping to make this a little easier for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards