Oklahoma
Options

My over-due vendor reviews!

Hello girls, I'm home sick from work today, so I thought this would be a good chance to finally do this. I can't say enough good things about my vendors, you'll see and I'm impressed with how well the wedding went. It definitely pays off to be a good, organized planner. So, to those of you who are on top of thinfgs, kudos. To those of you who aren't quite there yet, I swear it'll be worth it. Here goes...Huntington Jewelers - A+,  I got DH's ring here and they are the nicest people to deal with. My ring came from LA, but they also re-rhodiumed mine before the wedding. Awesome store, south OKC. Patsy's, A Bridal Boutique - A+++, In Dallas, this is where I purchased my gown. It was the only shop close to OKC that sold Rivini gowns (not that I had to have one, but there was one I wanted to try on), and I ended up getting a different Rivini I fell in love with. It's a very small shop and the one on one attention with your consultant is worth the drive. I also got my veil here. I used their seamstress, Debra and got a discount on the dress. Her work is amazing, she made it fit like a glove. She has here own shop in Dallas, Debra's dress, and she sells sample gowns at a discount. Overall, great experience!www.shelleygeorge.com - B+, I ordered my shoes from here. While they were beautiful, I think they were overpriced. I wore them for my bridal shoot in June and they started to fall apart. I emailed the company to tell them what happened and my note got sent to the designer herself who emailed me back personally and shipped me a new pair at no cost that arrived JUST in time for the wedding. It was a nice gesture, but it would've been less stressful to not deal with that. I was happy to have clean shoes for the walk down the aisle and they looked great. Alfred Angelo - A, I got the bm's dresses here. They all looked fabulous and even came in much earlier than the time I was quoted. However, if you get dresses here, be prepared to find alterations elsewhere cause they'll charge you an arm and a leg. My sis in law needed adjustments and they were going to charge her $250 for it....on a dress that cost $140! I had to go in there several times and some of the girls I dealt with had NO clue what they were doing. Luckily I knew the manager and dealt with her most of the time. Overall, the dresses were perfect and we got LOTS of compliments on them. St. Joseph's Old Cathedral - A++, this is where the ceremony took place and it was beautiful. I'm a member of this church and knew it's where we would get married anyway. I know their dates fill up fast though, so book WAY early. I booked a full year in advance. Castle Falls - A+++, Our reception site and caterer. Oklahoma's hidden little gem. I can't put into words how beautiful this place turned out. It was magnificent. Lou Ann, the wedding consultant there is very easy to work with. The price includes tables, linens and chairs....so be prepared to do a lot of work yourself. Luckily, I'm crafty and started on the decorations about 10 months in advance. i made all of the centerpieces and any other decoration there was made or bought by me. It took a lot of work but was worth it. I also had my bridals done here, and there are so many pretty places on the grounds to take pictures. The food was amazing. People are still telling my parents back home how good it was. It was all german food, and they make it there, so it's fresh and hot. No complaints in that department at all. They also provided the alcohol and bartenders. They set out a full bar, so everyone was happy. :o) You just pay for what you drink. Very easy. Love this place and would recommend it to ANYONE. Cole Dewey, florist - A+++, In one word...Awesome. I would send anyone to her. She delivered with exactly what I wanted and more. Not only are her flowers beautiful, but the work put into the bouquets was impressive. Everything stayed together so well. They even moved our huge church arrangements over to the reception site so we could enjoy them all night. When she thought she couldn't get me peonies, she called me to meet her at the warehouse to look at other alternatives. She's very easy to work with and probably one of the best you'll come across. Amy Cakes - A++++, I can't believe I had so many awesome vendors. Someone was really looking out for me. I took Amy a picture of the cake I wanted that I found in a magazine, and it looked EXACTLY like it. I swear, SHE is the ace of cakes. On top of fabulous looking cakes, they are also fabulous tasting. Soooo many compliments. The groom's cake was perfect too. I can't say enough good things, the cake was one of my favorite things of the wedding. She rocks.....and has the best attitude, she's infectious. :o)Hudson Photography, Jason and Kori Hudson - A++++++++++++++, and that's still not enough. That's without even seeing all the proofs yet. These people were a godsend. With pictures being the only part of the wedding you really keep, I couldn't have picked better people to capture our day. Their work is amazing and they are just ultra cool anyway. They did our engagement pics and my bridals also. They live in Fayetteville, Arkansas, but travel to OK at no extra cost. Not enough nice words, I feel like we're friends now. check out their work at www.thehudsonsrock.com They even put some of our pics on their website! I so can't wait to see the rest of them, will share when I get them. Creative Photo Video - A?, I don't have to video yet, but they were great to work with. They've been around for 25 years and the sample videos we saw were great. They didn't mind staying til the end to shoot everything and from what I could tell, I think they video will be awesome. Mid America String Quartet - A++++, exactly what I wanted. I had them play at the church, and then they came over to the reception and played before and through dinner. Very classy, and fun people! They are members of the OK philharmonic and have been playing for decades....so they're good. Mike, the head, is VERY fast at emails, they had no trouble playing anything I wanted and even accompanied my friend singing a song in the wedding. DJ Pro Oklahoma - A++, I think the DJ was very good. He didn't play a lot of the songs I requested, but the stuff he did play got people dancing, which counts. Their set-up is pretty cool. They bring their own big projection screen and play slideshows of pictures you provide, for the special dances and just for fun. They also play music videos with some of the songs which was pretty cool. Also, they have some really neat party lights and disco balls etc. It was a rockin' party in there! Overall, very good!King's Limo - A+++, the vintage Jaguar we had was so beautiful. They were very punctual and our driver was so nice. Very happy with their service!I think that's about it, if I think of anything else, I'll write another one. I'm inlcuding a link to some pro pics if you haven't seen them so you can see some of the things I'm reviewing....good luck to all of you! It's an awesome time in your life. :o)http://www.thehudsonsrock.com/amandamike.html
~Amanda

Re: My over-due vendor reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear that your wedding went by without a hitch! Thanks for the vendor reviews! Congratulations MRS!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad everything went so well!
  • Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know that Alfred Angelo is not the place for alterations... I got my dress there. Time to find another place I guess! Thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it went so well.  Thanks for the vendor reviews! :)  They are always so helpful!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards