Oklahoma
Options

venue

Hello! I am newly engaged and on a very strict budget. I was wondering if anyone could give my any good advice on some good venues that wont break the bank. I have been looking at Tres Suenos. Does anyone have any pictures they could post to see? They have a few on the website but wanted to see more. Also- has anyone heard of Rocky's? Thanks for all the help.. i really appreciate it! :)

Re: venue

• Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!!!As for Tres Suenos, there is actually a previous post (a few posts down from this one) with the title "Tres Suenos".  One of the girls who responded has some pics that she offered to email.  You might try jumping on that post to get in contact with her.I went to Rocky's for a weddingreception this summer.  I'm not sure what exactly your looking for style wise, but it's quite informal.  It has a full bar available and it's more like a bar/tavern feel.  Lots of wood, great wood floors, but small tables (the largest table sat 4) in the open area with booths near the back which seat more.  I'm not sure what the prices are, but if that is the sort of things you are looking for, you should go check it out.  it comes down to personal taste.  I personally didn't like it b/c FI and I were looking for something more formal for our big day.HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the information!  yeah- i saw that post a few down but the website was giving me a hard time commenting on someone else's post so i made mine... but now i think it's working just fine so i will definitely ask to see those pictures.  I have heard some people talking about Rocky's.  I am actually pretty easy going.  I'm not trying to break the bank so if i can make it look tastfull and cute, but affordable, i'm all over it :)  I just found this place in guthrie (which i'm from) called the sand plum and it looks beautiful!  not sure what the prices are though.  Looks kind of expensive.  So with your experience, would you go with a venue that provides the cake food etc or a venue that you can bring your own cake, food etc?  It's a toss up for me.  Thanks so much for your help!
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Dominion House in guthrie!!!  I have heard of Sand Plum, but we never looked at it.  I wanted an outdoor wedding, so anything that didn't offer that was immediately taken off the table.  The Sand Plum looks awesome though!  I have seen some really great pictures from there.As for packages...  The one bad thing I have found from this is that you are forced to use their vendors.  One of the places I looked at had a cake decorated the even my FI noticed was horrible.  I like having the flexibility to research and get my own vendors who meet my taste and price range.  I'm a bit of a control freak though with the wedding, so if you don't care that much and are just wanting a great deal and someone who will get the job done and are not concerned with having the very best, or a certain vendor, then go with the packages.  its also less work.  since I'm not using the vendors Dominion House works with, I have to do all the calling, meetings, paying of down payments, etc. myself.  I would prefer this though, personally.  One of their vendos that i checked into had HORRIBLE reviews, so i was able to book a different one.  Its what ever your taste and style is.HTH and GL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Thunderbird Chapel in Norman, and I LOVED that it was an "inclusive" type package.  They provided set up (ceremony and reception), clean up, lines, all decorations, wedding coordinator, sound equipment and technician, serving utensils, etc.  We were able to choose from 2 different bakeries for our cake (though we could've used another if we wanted but those 2 specific ones gave us a better deal b/c of the chapel we were using).  They didn't provide a photographer or dj, so we could use whoever we wanted, and they offer catering but also allow you to use another caterer if you want.  Getting a package deal doesn't always means you're stuck with what they give you, some venues still give you options.
  • Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Festivities in El Reno. They do not have any package deals or anything like that. Basically you get the place, tables, and chairs. That is what I like about that place. I am WAY too big of a control freak, especially about my wedding, for anyone to tell me what I can or can't do. I wanted the experience of going from bakery to bakery to pick the best one. I loved being able to go to many different florists with all my ideas before I chose the one who worked best with me. Also, I really wanted to come up with my own ideas for decorations and such and did not want to choose from only a few options made up by someone else. I just looked at it this way, only I know the vision I came up with for my wedding, not somebody who owns a venue and has the same 3 ideas for every wedding that comes through thier place. I have never been to the 2 places you mentioned so I am no help there. Just look around at many places and pick the one that fits best with your vision and budget. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Options
    mila0270mila0270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used the cake vendor that is used at Dominioin House. Her cakes are exquisite! You must have seen a bad example. Keep an open mind with her, she has 37 flavors you can try. I think the best is Raspberry Creme and Cinnamon Roll is also very good. The person I am thinking of is Rosebearys in Guthrie.
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a wedding at Tres Suenos would be absolutely beautiful!We were going to have our reception there, since we're getting married in Hawaii and then coming back here for a reception. You should call and talk to the owners, they're really sweet. You can bring in your own food, decorations, etc and they provide you with the tables, napkins and a great deal on their wine (which is very good!) The vineyards and the setting already add so much....if you were to have your ceremony outside, you would just have to make sure it wasn't mid-summer because the guests would melt. HTH!!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ~*~*~mila0270~*~*~In my previous post where I said: "One of the places I looked at had a cake decorater that even my FI noticed was horrible" I wasn't talking about Dominion House... it was another venue.I actually like Dominion House's designer and have an appointment with her in 3 weeks.  But I am also looking around at several others since I have the option to go outside their vendors.I'm soooooo excited to pick out the cake! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception was at Rocky's and as someone else said it is very laid back. However, I dressed every table with a white table cloth and either a bunch of candles or flower arrangements and it actually looked quite formal. Ask Rocky I am pretty sure he will remember it, June of 08. I had the first candy buffet he had ever seen. The food, I was told was fabulous (I didn't really have any.), and the drinks were all good. We decorated the day before and it went really well. My florist delivered my flowers and set up all of the centerpieces for us and Rocky's staff was AMAZING! He was one of my favorite vendors. If you would like to see some real life pictures of Rocky's you can page me on the Nest. I will also make you a he*ll of a deal on the table cloths to cover most of the tables.... I tossed anything that got stained.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards