MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what do you think?
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a beautiful dress on the right person. She looks amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Traditional and very pretty.  But I would be not do the sleeves or have it up to my neck...would be pulling at that the whole night.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she looks like a classic beauty...simple and gorgeous.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like a nice dress if it was just the strapless part. I just think that whatever she has up to her neck and as sleeves looks stupid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she looks gorgeous in it and it's the right dress for her.  I don't think it would look good on every person, but it looks amazing on her
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it looks gorgeous    
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not loving the short sleeves or her husband's bow ties and hair cut.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    georgous. only vera wang could reinvent grace kelly.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree that it is a beautiful dress, but I really wish it was not up to her neck.  I think it would have looked so much better without that!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Eh. It looks nice on her and it's classy but she seems like she could pull off mostly anything. If I had that body and those looks I'd have gone for something really sleek and form-fitting. That dress would probably look super-dowdy on most other people. My mom's dress was actually very similar to this, except with full-length sleeves.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    i do wish she went full-length sleeves and not these short ones; they are throwing me off a bit and this picture isn't the best.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is beautiful. From what I remembered hearing was that she had to go with more a traditional dress with sleeves and high neckilne. His family are orthodox jews so she couldn't go strapless. His family is very religous and she even converted for him.
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my daughter's is better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was an Orthodox Jewish wedding, so under Orthodox Jewish law she had to have her shoulders and (I think) up to her neck covered. Under that scenario, I think this dress is great! Its hard to take sleeves and a high neck and make them look so pretty and modern.
    My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amerz if that is the case then it makes perfect sense why it is almost to the elbow as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Diane, why is your daughter's better? Or are you just being biased? lol Let's see a pic!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Ah- that makes sense about the sleeves then. Well for going with a sleeved option (which I'm not big on) this is about as pretty of a dress as you'll find.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very good point now on her converting and now that makes total sense.  She does look beautiful.  I wonder who the photographer was?  Considering they can pretty much get anyone they want.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actully like it, it's definitely not for everyone, but it looks great on her. Her husband looks eerily similar ro her father IMO.
  • Options
    itsme32985itsme32985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she looks good in it, but I don't think it's a dress many can pull off.
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she looks gorgeous, the dress is diff but its better than the same old same old strapless satin that everyone wears i want to reach thru the pic and fix that dudes hair and bow tie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it, but not a style I would look good in at all. Love the lace, not crazy about the lenght of the sleeves. She looks great in it, but the sleeves still bother me if I look at it too long-lol
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous!  Something you don't see every day and not over the top, look at me I'm a  celebrity way either.  I'm not digging the short sleeves but I like the high neck on her, very elegant and beautiful.  NMS, but she's gorg herself so she could pull off most anything. 
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just biased....but not blind, lol.actually, the neckline could have been done more attractively, and i'm not crazy about the short sleeve...would have looked better had they brought the sleeve all the way to the wrist.  otherwise, it's beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elegant and beautiful. I generally don't like sleeved gowns unless they flatter the particular bride and I think she looks stunning....picture perfect. I also agree with the pp that said she probably would have looked amazing in anything regardless of the situation and fact that she had to be covered. I am not a fan of the hair though...haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the lace on the dress!  And as pp's have said, she could pull off just about anything. As a side note, one of my BM's owns a knitting store and the groom's mother is one of her customers. 
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress isn't my style, but I like it.  I don't like the sleeves.  And I don't like her hair at all (more so from another picture I saw... looked greasy).
  • Options
    laurenlaceylaurenlacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the dress is gorgeous. The groom? Not so much. is thjat the biggest bowtie ever or what?
  • Options
    nyclisa78nyclisa78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    she had to be covered b/c they had an orthodox ceremony, in fact i am a little surprised her elbows weren't covered. and that is the worst picture of jared i have ever seen, it doesn't even look like him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards