DC
Options

Hotel Block Dilemma...

Just looking for a peice of practical advice...I did not pay attention when I set my hotel blocks and I have 3 blocks that are in hotels far away from one another and I am trying to figure out if it matters or not...Our wedding is in Bethesda off of River Road.  One block is in DC at the Tabard Inn because I wanted to set a higher end DC hotel for those interested in staying in DC and using the weekend as sort of a holiday/mini-vaca.  That is where FI and I are staying...The issue comes in with the other 2 hotels.  One is the Doubletree in downtown Bethesda on Wisconsin Ave.  and the other is all the way near Montgomery Mall at the Marriott Suites on Democracy Blvd.  I don't know what I was thinking...but I am assuming when I saw Democracy Blvd (and the fact its called the Bethesda Marriott Suites...hello false advertising! IMO), I thought it was closer towards downtown Bethesda rather than down near Rockville/Potomac.  Granted, the two hotels are w/in reasonable distance from the wedding, but they are not near one another...Does this even matter?  I mean, our RD and Welcome Party will be near the Doubletree in downtown Bethesda...should I book another block down there just in case, or leave what I already have?  I am just thinking about guest travel to and from the events the night before the wedding...Thanks for the advice Ladies!
Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Hotel Block Dilemma...

• Options
    spuliaficospuliafico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion, you're good with what you have! Guests who want to stay near eachother will book rooms int he same hotel. I don't think you have anything to worry about!
  • Options
    PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are any of the hotels near the wedding/reception location? If not, you may want to add one. Otherwise, I would stick with the Tabard Inn and the Doubletree and not even mention the third option to your guests. Also, indicate what is near the hotels. This way people know what they're getting when they book the room. Some may opt to be closer to the party. Others may want the better hotel. JMO!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Doesn't matter a bit. Family that wanted to stay together checked with other family members to see which one they were staying at. Most didn't care a bit though. You're fine luv.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I was just concerned.  I tried to locate hotels close to the ceremony on River Rd but there are none and these were the closest I could find with a good rates...the Marriott suites was a good option for those sharing rooms b/c they are suites and offer more sleeping space than the Doubletree, but the Doubletree was more convenient...I think I will just make sure there are good directions to everything in the room for folks when they arrive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I would add is to let guests know which one you are staying at.  That might make a difference for some guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll be fine - just be sure to inform guests on your website or whatever of the locations in relation from where the reception and ceremony are so they can choose where they'd like to be most. I like your idea of having one downtown just in case people want to make it a vacation - thats fun!  FI and are looking into hotels now so I can appreciate your thoughts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about so much as you are going to be providing your guests with maps/directions.  Probably good to have map included in your invites (try weddingmapper.com) to present relation of all your venues (RD, ceremony, reception, etc.) to one another.  Also, probably price is a consideration.  Some guests may want to stay at the less expensive alternative even though it may be farther from D.C.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda with press me.  I'd consolidate down the hotels to where your party and RD are or at least make sure your wedding party and family is at one hotel so they can all get to the wedding together.  Will you be having a shuttle or transportation, if that is the case you need to tell guests which hotel to stay in if there is a shuttle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have transportation the day of the wedding from the Tabard Inn to the ceremony then to the reception...but not from any of the hotels
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards