Ohio-Northeast
Options

A great weekend getaway

Mike & I's bdays are fast approaching and we are in need of a great place to go just for the weekend. Please let me know if you have a great location for us to go ?? THANKS MtMb

Re: A great weekend getaway

• Options
    ashlea06ashlea06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Happy early bday!My fiance and I love going up to Niagara falls Canada! It's a little harder for some people to go now though because you havae to have a passport or enhanced drivers lisence. But we got a hotel suite for valentines day once and we got a really good package with a hottub, fireplace, roses, and wine. Right now they are featuring fall specials!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We love to go wine tasting... so we've gone on long weekends to both Geneva, OH (quick 45 min. drive) and the Finger Lakes (more like 3 hour drive).  I'm not sure how far you want to travel, but we've stayed at the Lodge in Geneva and loved it (nice indoor pool, 10-15 wineries close by, jacuzzi rooms).  We stayed in a cottage on the Finger Lakes and that was great too.  They have even more wineries and better views.  We stayed on Lake Seneca.   We also love to go to Holiday Valley (we got engaged there about a year ago on our snowboards).  They already have some snow and have great packages before Christmas!Have a great trip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hocking Hills is really nice.  Its in southern ohio but well worth the drive.  There are tons of cute "cabins" with hot tubs outside.  I am so not a nature person and I loved it. I think there is a website... Hockinghills.com  maybe  .org.  Have fun!
  • Options
    jbelle18jbelle18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt told me about a place they went for their anniversary and she said it was really nice. Then I saw it in all the Akron-Canton Weddings magazines and I really want to go sometime now. It is Donna's Premier Lodging in Berlin, Oh. (donnasofberlin.com) They specialize in romantic getaways and have different "sweetheart packages". Let us know where you end up going!!http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2/view/MemberPage.aspx?coupleId=7071754811457490 <my bio
  • Options
    christinaw117christinaw117 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hocking Hills!! That is where my finace proposed! There is so much to do and yet it is private and romantic!!
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to actually GO anywhere, you could check out the Inn at Brandywine Falls.  Cute little B&B next to a gorgeous waterfall in the Cuyahoga Valley.  I haven't stayed there, but I hike around there a lot and have heard good things about them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chautauqua, NY... Check out The Great Tree Inn. Great Getaway and only 2-3 hours away!
  • Options
    Pandora9802Pandora9802 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cripple Creek Bed & Breakfast in Crockett, VA.  It's a bit of a drive (about 6 hours from downtown Cleveland), but so worth the wait.  They have phenomenal food, gorgeous scenery, and perfect solitude.  My FH and I have been going there since we started dating five years ago and keep heading back, using every excuse we can find to swing down.  It is quiet (very little cell signal, never see the other guests, etc), relaxing, and ten times better than the experience we had in hocking Hills.  Every B&B trip we've taken since finding this place gets compared to "Cripple Creek."
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Finger Lakes region of NY is only a 5 hour drive from the Cleveland area and has tons of wineries, great scenery and plenty of good restaurants and cute B&B's. We have been there 2x, staying both times at 1819 Red Brick Inn, a B&B that's more 'fun' and casual than many of the Victorian ones filled w/ antiques. It's a cozy farmhouse and the owners make amazing breakfasts. It's located in Dundee, near Keuka and Seneca lakes. Red Newt Winery has a fantastic restaurant overlooking their vineyard. At sunset, it's particularly enjoyable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards