Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Third makeup trial (PIP)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the second picture..but I think you need more blush.  You look kind of washed out.The first one you look like all you have on is eye makeup and nothing else...the last one is better-but maybe too much makeup.  I feel like the second is a little bit of a happy medium.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    K, I just realized that the first 2 pictures are the same look...basically, more blush.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah the first 2 are the same but pic #1 is in the light.  I told her I didn't need it wedding day perfect, but I wanted to try the smoky eye and pinker lip.  Basically I wanted it to look more "bridal" than the first trial (pic #3).
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like #3.The eye makeup in the first 2 looks like going out makeup-- the last one looks more bridal in my opinion.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    edited December 2011
    But I definitely like the pinker lips in the top versus the darker in the bottom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, but i do think that maybe you could go a little bit darker on the eyeliner it looks like you have a light brown on so maybe go with a darker brown or maybe a darker eyeshadow, shoot who knows, but I would def go more for look number 3. I do like the pink lipstick better also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely like look #3, though it could be the lighting
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well phooey, I liked the first pictures (3rd trial) so much better in person and so did my MUA.  I wonder if I had done it with full makeup if it would have changed your opinion.*sigh*
  • Options
    amybrentamybrent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the odd man out here, but I think I like the first pic better. I'm also a fan of the smokey eyes (in general), and I think they show up in pictures better, especially if the picture is not close-up.  I honestly don't think you'd go wrong with either choice!
  • Options
    shananaginsshananagins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for the smoky colors from the first pic, but not quite so heavy, more like the application of the third.  And definitely the pink lips.  I like the greys instead of the browns, but I think like PP's said the heavier eye makeup looks more 'night out' than bridal. 
    imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the smoky eyes better! You're having a formal, evening wedding, and I think the smoky eyes match it best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like #3.   It looks more natural and radiant.   Since I don't wear make-up, I dare not comment any further.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Shannon.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're doing an evening wedding, I'd do the smoky eyes, just maybe not quite so heavy. I think the third pic is giving the impression of bridal partially because of your hair as well (the veil doesn't hurt either!).
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    MissAngelMissAngel member
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one better, but with more blush and less smokey eye... The difference to me is that the top one looks like a "cooler" colored tones while the bottom has "warmer" tones... I think you look better with the cooler tones...BTW, do you like you MUA?  I like her work... who are you working with?
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the smokey eye in general, but not like that. The heavier eyeliner doesn't do you justice quite like pic #3. Is there any way to do the smokey eye with more emphasis on the shadow and less on the liner? I definitely prefer the pinker lips, though and agree with Mariah that the first pics need a little more blush. Just a little. If you're wearing your hair like you are in pic #3, I think you should go with the slightly softer eye makeup. Smokey, heavily lined eyes call for a sleeker (for lack of a better word) hairstyle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else on the smoky eyes, just not as heavy.  It's a toss up on the lips for me, but I think I'm leaning towards liking the pinker lips in the 1st & 2nd pics a little bit more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto maykious. I would have chosen option 3, but since you like 1 and 2 if it were me I'd change the super dark eyeliner.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm too much of an old mom, but I like the 3rd picture the best. The softer, more natural look just seem more "bridal" looking. Maybe I'm too much of an old mom, but the dark rimmed, smokey eyes just look a little harsh, slutty, and out of place with a beautiful wedding gown. More like something you'd wear for a night of drinking and dancing in smokey bars. Just my personal preference/opinion, not a judgement.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  Yeah, Kristin talked to me at length about did I want it black rimmed all around, etc.  So I think we can definitely tone it down.  Maybe we'll end up with somethng in between.  Everyone at work loved the smoky eye when I got back--I think with my hair done, etc. and toned down a bit, it's the look I like best in person--although I agree it's hard to tell in the pics.  To whoever asked, yes, I have had a blast working with Kristin Colaneri.  She did my makeup for my e-pics which are in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Stephie- I say Ditto to what Shanningans said. Good luck! Getting sooo close.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the 3rd best.   It looks like you could highlight the eyes a little more, but I think 1 and 2 are a little too much.  It looks like I am the minority on that though..
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm super late on this but I like the smokey eyes. I think the difference is that you can't tell you have any blush on in the first 2 photos (the nice cheek hue makes you look so young, even more so than you already do!).
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards