Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Friend Was Just Married and Stole My Photo Ideas

My FI and I met because we are both part of the stunt motorcycle community in our town. After he proposed I was telling my friend (who was to be married before me and she and her husband are also stunt riders) that I wanted to do some tandem stunt photos after the wedding ceremony with our wedding attire on. She said it was a great idea and something she had never seen anyone do. I went to their wedding a couple of weeks ago and when we walked into their reception they had wedding stunt photos being projected on the wall. Since all of our friends that were at their wedding will be at our wedding, should I just forget about our "wedding stunt session"? I don't want to look like we copied them. But it was something I really wanted to do!

Re: Friend Was Just Married and Stole My Photo Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do it anyway!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if it was your idea you should do it...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do it anyway and do it better than her!
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it anyway and just make sure that your mc or someone during a speech mentions how the two of you met...that way it makes total sense why you would do those pictures even if your friends did it too.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    sarahbug69sarahbug69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should do it any way! I am sure you could add your own pizzazz to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree do it anyway!

I've had so many people steal my ideas and even my sister steal my wedding date! So Idecided after that it doesn't matter what anyone else says or does. It's your day don't let a little hitch make you nix something your going to wish you had in the long run!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like PP said, do your idea, make it better, and the story behind it will definitely make sense. I'm sure it will be awesome!

Good luck!
    -Angelica
  • Options
    blinkybeerblinkybeer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it!  It's your wedding.
  • Options
    theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO IT! And do it better! Don't you dare let that stop you. I think it's an incredible idea and something so specific to the both of you, that it would be a disservice to not do it. Do you already have a photographer? Tell them the problem and I'm sure they'll have some outrageous idea on how to make it better! And if they don't find a photographer that does! ;) 

You have to share the photos when time comes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards