New York
Options

Venue Hunting...

Hello Ladies,

Couldn't find a similar thread; hopefully I'm not asking a question that's already been asked a bunch :P. 

We are venue hunting in the central NY area- trying to stay within the Oneonta, Binghamton, Syracuse triangle of where everyone lives. Our theme is kind of rustic (October is our month of choice), and we want a place that can have both an outdoor ceremony and a reception either in or out. We have been looking for barn, farm, countryish venues but are open to look at almost anything with nice grounds. Our budget is limited to about $7 to $6000 total so that has limited our search. We are also trying to find a place that caters (idealy we would love all inclusive, but I can't really find much there). 

Anyone have any ideas about venues or even ways to search and find something? I've been pretty much googling- places we have looked at but aren't sure about yet are Glen Loch, The Silo, and the Geny in Greene. I appreciate any help. Thank you!! :)

Edit: So I found a place, but it's not exactly in the triangle I described, but we went and loved it. It's called The Olde Tater Barn, and they had great prices and WONDERFUL food, and it was beautiful. It is in a town called Central Bridge, near Schenectady. It was about 50 minutes from Oneonta. Hopefully this thread helps someone else out. Try this place if you get a chance! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Hunting...

• Options
    Hello!

I'm friends with the owners of the Glen Loch and they do a terrific job! If you are having a smaller wedding, you could always look at the Brae Loch (same family) in Cazenovia which has plenty of hotel space, you can set a tent up on the lawn, and of course, they have great food. Again, if you're looking on the smaller side. I'm getting married in Cazenovia, and if you're looking to cut costs but have a small-town wedding, have it in the off season like September. It's beautiful in the fall!

Good luck!

image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AmsdragonflyAmsdragonfly member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Hi  JN382,
    Our guest list is so far about 70-80 people, so the Brae Loch might not work (we've been there before for a Valentine's Day weekend- gorgeous!) It's nice to hear some nice things about the Glen Loch- we've been there twice and I LOVE the food. I've seen reviews that were very bad for them and can't understand what people hated so much about the place- in our opinion, they are definitely at the top of our "maybe" list. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's a nice size! Have you also thought about Highland Forest? Skyline Lodge is beautiful!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was also going to suggest Highland Forest. Very affordable and it would fit in well with your theme.
  • Options
    Melissa, where have you been? You haven't posted in awhile!
  • Options
    OMG the Skyline Lodge looks great! We're DEFINITELY going to check it out. That's definitely the type of place we're looking for! Thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen beautiful pictures of Skyline Lodge from a former coworker, good luck!!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_venue-hunting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:919d95e7-9a4e-456d-b611-4d6abe634d78Post:b46f1a5d-abb6-4adc-8e02-d4edb95e707e">Re: Venue Hunting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melissa, where have you been? You haven't posted in awhile!
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

Haha been pretty MIA on here since I called off the wedding. But I wanted to pop back on b/c I miss it haha. :)  
  • Options
    Understandable!!! Hope you are well!
  • Options
    The pumpelly house is in Owego NY, just outside of binghamton.

http://pumpellyhouse.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards