Not Engaged Yet
Options

Do you know anyone famous?

BF's family are all really famous in the southern gospel genre, and I wish I had just a smidge of their talent, but I do like dropping their names to people. :)  People around here, that is.. Most people don't know anything about southern gospel.  They presented at the dove awards this year.

Do you know anyone famous/kind of famous/friend of a friend of a friend famous?
Anniversary

Re: Do you know anyone famous?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    At my old job, I met tons of famous people but never kept a relationship that I would call "friend" or "friendly." Although I did have dinner with Diana DeGarmo of "American Idol" fame once. Most famous people, the ones that I've met, anyway, were kind of d-bags.
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Define famous. Like A listers, no. People that many people have heard of? Yes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    well i dont know him but Harrison Ford hangs out in my hometown. i see him at home depot. its pretty cool. Oh yeah and my high school English teacher/family friend has a son that played for the Miami Dolphins. he is a super nice guy. I helped out at one of his charity events and met some of his football buddies last summer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The second one is fine, hetshup.

Oh and Edwin McCain is from my hometown.  I've met him.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

With one of my previous jobs I had a number of encounters with Ervin Johnson who played for the Timberwolves. He lived where I was working at the time. Also Ontarrio Smith and E.J. Henderson of the Vikings. A Twins player who has since slipped my mind. I met them, not really "know" them.

I just wanted to add that Bret Michaels left a message for my ex-bf's sister on their home answering machine. That was pretty cool.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apparently my mom once played tennis with Harrison Ford, but I don't know anyone famous
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weeeeeellllll, my dad was the contractor on Bob Vila's home again, so that makes him famous, right? I keed. So Bob Vila, Tim Allen, Pamela Anderson, Ed Niles and Frank Ghery oh and bunch of olympic swimmers and divers.  ( I guess I don't know him well enough to spell his name right).  I've meet Scott Hamilton, Heather Locklear, Jimmy Smits, Wayne Gretski, all the cast of Home Improvement and Baywatch. 
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to sachool with this girl. she thought I was her friend. Well I wasnt so much her friend but I wasnt mean to her..... she was like that in school
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Man...I don't know any famous people...unless you watch the history channel alot, most of the revolutionary war reenactors on documentaries I know/have known for many years if that counts

Oh and I forgot, my moms best friend is related to maria schriver and has had thanksgiving dinner at her house
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    meamolly - ...what?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kinda. A guy I went to high school with plays for the NO Saints. Also, a guy who graduated before me plays for the Dolphins ( link) his sister was in my class in high school and he got MTV to come to our prom. Now, his nephew is in my first grade class. Small little city I live in...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:833ece1e-c0f5-4576-b126-fa416671df72">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weeeeeellllll, my dad was the contractor on Bob Vila's home again, so that makes him famous, right? I keed. So Bob Vila, Tim Allen, Pamela Anderson, Ed Niles and Frank Ghery oh and bunch of olympic swimmers and divers.  ( I guess I don't know him well enough to spell his name right).  I've meet Scott Hamilton, Heather Locklear, Jimmy Smits, Wayne Gretski, all the cast of Home Improvement and Baywatch. 
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

All the cast of Home Improvement as in <strong>JTT</strong>!?!?!?!!! ...Swoon...

Tim Allen has a home on the same lake as my aunt so that makes them neighbors. The midget from Kid Rocks band in the early 2000's lived 2 streets away and was actually BFF's with my friend's brother. An Altanta Braves pitcher was from my city and his mom was my day care teacher and lunch mom throughout elementary school, but I never met him personally. I don't really know anyone famous but have met a few people. Erik Estrada, Frank from Trading Spaces, Al Gore and Tipper, some pro wrestlers..thats about it.

BF's dad was almost famous, he had the choice to move to Nashville to play with some now very famous country star (can't think of who exactly but I'm guess one of the guys from Brooks & Dunn) but decided to stay here and start a family. He was pretty popular in the early 90's bluegrass circuit. He even had a cd.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Uncle Steve was Flash Gordon!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070731033521/flashgordon/images/c/ce/1954steveholland.jpg
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kat wins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kevin Bacon (who ones picked out a pair of pants for me) & Rob Zombie (who once helped me get box off of a shelf at home depot) sightings are pretty damn frequent around here.

Mia Farrow is also a local but I try to avoid her b/c our one interaction was extremely unpleasant though everyone else swears she's a sweetie.

My dad works in sponsorships so I've hung out with a bunch of olympians and nascar drivers.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:8b1a7359-2521-4c15-9e7e-299f8837bb0d">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kevin Bacon (who ones picked out a pair of pants for me) & Rob Zombie (who once helped me get box off of a shelf at home depot) sightings are pretty damn frequent around here. Mia Farrow is also a local but I try to avoid her b/c our one interaction was extremely unpleasant though everyone else swears she's a sweetie. My dad works in sponsorships so I've hung out with a bunch of olympians and nascar drivers.
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

Nascar drivers? Like Dale Earnhardt Jr? Our engagement is definitely a GO!
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:2301ac73-969b-4c22-8ceb-41637c225c0b">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you know anyone famous? : Nascar drivers? Like Dale Earnhardt Jr? Our engagement is definitely a GO!
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

I've never actually hung out w/him, he's always surrounded by his "people" or the beauty queens. One of the least friendly drivers I've encountered which is a shame because he's purdy. I had similar experiences with his father back in the day though.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hetshup - he was also a model for romance novel covers. My mom said there was a point when she would walk down the romance novel aisle and his face would be drawn on all the men's bodies. Hahaha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:9fee104a-57d7-4a63-aaa4-fa6e5ea93907">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do you know anyone famous? : I've never actually hung out w/him, he's always surrounded by his "people" or the beauty queens. One of the least friendly drivers I've encountered which is a shame because he's purdy. I had similar experiences with his father back in the day though.
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

That's a bummer. :(
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:38163ce2-ccb8-4cc8-8bc8-d31d4d98cbe5">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hetshup - he was also a model for romance novel covers. My mom said there was a point when she would walk down the romance novel aisle and his face would be drawn on all the men's bodies. Hahaha!
    Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

That's awesome yet slightly unsetteling.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Famous as in movie stars, not really.  I've met Ben Stein - we were picking out tomatoes in the Watergate Safeway next to each other one time, and he made some comment about how to tell if they're ripe or not.  And my brother was on the Jay Leno show, the same day as Terry Bradshaw, so we met him.

And with my job, I've met a ton of very famous people in the financial sector.  The CEO and Chairman of Citi Group, and a bunch more in Latin America that probably no one here has ever heard of - but it makes me smile to get emails from big government and corporate big-wigs!

Laughing
  • Options
    bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I know Rihanna. I think she counts as famous. We went to school together. We're not friends really - in local circles, we're a friend removed, but once I was at a taping of hers for a show in NYC and mid-way she saw me and we had a chat with everyone staring in disbelief.

I also know Shontelle (T-Shirt? Impossible?) and a couple other singers/musicians who I hope are on the brink of fame. Barbadians are just supremely talented people :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not me personally, but my FI's best friend just had Bradley Cooper from "The Hangover" move into the same apartment building as him. I so want them to become friends so he can invite him to the bachelor party!!! haha

• Options
    raw1299raw1299 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    my brother worked for a radio station (in philly) and met many eagles players, phillies players, and alot of artists. my dad plays raquetball with a retired eagles player and coach. my cousin is a very famous music producer, who have recorded bands like lamb of god, goo goo dolls, my chemical romance, taking back sunday, breaking benjamin, hawthorne heights and currently paramore. i met and hung out with hawthorne heights about 5 years ago, and i was fortunate enough to meet paramore, and be able to hear hailey sing/record her "misery Business" song(man that was like 3-4 years ago). at the time i didnt realize she'd become this big star.

i'm related to someone famous(but have not met) my great----------grandfather William Hooper signed the declaration of independence.
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • Options
    raw1299raw1299 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh yea, and i share thomas paine's and oprah's b-day. my boyfriend shares obamas b-day as well. lol
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've met a handful of celebs (Darius Rucker, Macullay Culkin, Constantine Maroulis, Renee Zelwegger, Jude Law...). Renee Zelwegger was hands down the coolest. We stood on a sidewalk in the middle of downtown Charleston SC, talking about movies and books and places to eat downtown. She took a pic with me that looks like we're BFFs (complete with both arms around me in a big hug). She was amazing.

My cousin is pretty famous comedian around the NYC area.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My boyfriend's brother played Ethan Craft on Lizzie McGuire.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you realize this post is 2 months old?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What is this?! Dig Up Month Old Threads Day!?

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-famous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d10134f4-e20b-4727-bc41-82651d6fe01fPost:9bd95d12-5670-40be-a99f-0aeca0db2afc">Re: Do you know anyone famous?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boyfriend's brother played Ethan Craft on Lizzie McGuire.
    Posted by andilu[/QUOTE]

I really don't like you.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards