Illinois
Options

Wedding in Galena... Need Baker, Hotel and Florist... HELP

We are getting married in Galena, actually Apple River, and need to find a bakery for the cake, florist  and a hotel to accommodate 150 guests...

Re: Wedding in Galena... Need Baker, Hotel and Florist... HELP

• Options
    Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a wedding planner and Bridal Shop in Galena I DO PLANNING & I DO BRIDAL they are AWESOME!!! Give them a call!, they are at the same location. 815-777-2507
  • Options
    Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of the vendors/venues I used for my destination wedding in Galena:
         SPLINTER'S FLORISTS  (EAST DUBUQUE, IL)
         IRISH COTTAGE HOTEL (GALENA)
         STONEY CREEK INN (GALENA)
         I DO BRIDAL (GALENA, GOT MY BRIDAL GOWN, TUXES, BRIDESMAIDS THEY     MADE IT SO EASY FOR US OUT OF TOWNERS)
         I DO PLANNING (WEDDING PLANNER FOR I DO BRIDAL, VERY REASONABLE)
         LUNCHBOX BAKERY (EAST DUBUQUE, IL)
         ONE ELEVEN MAIN (REHEARSAL)
         LOG CABIN RESTAURANT/CATERING  (WEDDING CATERER)

I had no problems with any of them....loved them! I hope both messages help!

• Options
    maggie1216maggie1216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our Galena wedding we used the Ramada Galena (for the reception and also accomodations for all guests).

We ended up making our own flowers because for what we wanted, the prices were coming in very high from all the area florists.

For cake (we had a small cake and cupcakes) we used Kathy's Kakes kathyskakesllc.com and I cannot recommend her enough!! It's been a year and a half and people still bring up the cupcakes. Seriously best cake I've eaten, ever. She is a bit outside of Galena, so there was a delivery charge.

I have lots of photos on my blog if you want to see the space at the Ramada or the cupcakes - its www.maggiemphoto.wordpress.com - just use the "Tales of Tying the Knot" category to find the wedding stuff. Hope that's helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards