Wedding Woes
Options

AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics)

Wolveine is a little chatterbox. We've been working on teaching her the alphabet, and she can now say "ABCDEFG" and identify a bunch of letters. She's also been learning names of a lot of different kinds of food - She and I stopped at the grocery store yesterday and had a blast in the produce section. "avocado" is her new favorite word.

She peed in the toilet for the first time this past weekend. She was pulling down her pants, so DK put her on the toilet and she went. Yay! I don't think she fully understands, but we were excited. We can't start potty training in force until she's in the older toddler room at daycare but we'll still work with her at home on weekends. Maybe when she's 2...

She's becoming quite the little swimmer.

Also, there's a video of her on FB where she points out "Daddy's Boobies". I'm looking forward to this happening in public.

so serious - watching a bird:

Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics)

• Options
  • Options
    O - I hope it was the bang-ing of your life.
  • Options
    Oh it was.  Totally legitimate bang-ing.
  • Options
    I have a class schedule, but no one wants to see that.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'll just AW my state.  Keep it Klassy Kentucky!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Love the kid and the bangs!  Not so much love for Kentucky.

• Options
    Also, I love Wolverine's little pigtails.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    lots of awww at the wee wolverine.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    I guess I do have a Buffy pic.
    This was her rockin her punk boots.  While eating goldfish and wearing links as bracelets (which she does daily)

When I'm due home from work, she marches (grandma taught her how to march) around the house demanding "mom mom mom mom mom" and "BLUE" (my car)
  • Options
    I love the bangs! See? Good idea, right? 

I have nothing to AW. I will tell you tomorrow all about how I vomited on my costars and forgot all my lines tonight, though. 
  • Options
    Whatever, Baconsmom.  You'll be awesome, AS usual.  Though, if you imagine the worst...the best will happen?

And...thanks!  I told my chick "it's been 2 years...it's time...AGAIN".

And...love buffy and wolverine.  I don't think we can compete with that.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Awwwww, Buffy is adorable. 

You'll do great tonight Bmom.
  • Options

I LOVE the bangs!  And your makeup, O!

I'm going to AW my kid while outing myself as a bad parent.  A couple of months ago, we took the light bulb out of the lamp that's connected to the light switch in DD's room.  She would turn it on in the middle of the night and leave it on, even though she has a big-ass nightlight.   So after asking her several times not to do that, we just took the bulb out.   About 2 weeks ago, I was sitting in her bedroom reading to her, and it was kind of dark in there, so she switched on the light.  

Me:  "When did Daddy put your light bulb back in?" 
    DD: "I did it this morning."  
    Me: "Oh, you mean you helped Daddy do it?" 
    DD: "No, I did it myself." 
    Me: blink...blink...  "Really?" 
    Me: "Where did you get a light bulb?"
    DD: "from that lamp over there" - - points to lamp on dresser across the room.
    Sure enough, that lamp is missing it's light bulb.   I ask DH if he had put the bulb in and he had not.  

So, yeah, my kid climbed up on a dresser, removed a light bulb from one lamp, then climbed up on a chair and put the bulb in the other lamp.   We explained to her the million ways she could have become hurt from doing this, how she's not to play with lamps, electricity, etc...  But damn!  We were tres impressed that she did all of this on her own.  

She is very mechanically inclined and has amazing dexterity.  When she rode rides at the fair, her first couple times going around, she'd look at the inner workings of the ride like she was trying to take in how it all worked.  And then once she was satisfied with that, she'd have fun and enjoy the ride.  She is fascinated with how things work and also wants to know WHY they work that way.  We think she's going to be an engineer.  :)

• Options
    I love Buffy's boots.

AF - sounds like DD would make a great engineer.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I LOVE it AF.  LOVE IT!
  • Options
    Barbie and 6 - I knew you'd like that story.   My step-father is an engineer and he watches her every day.  He's been picking up on it for at least a year.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    I do like the bangs.

Future engineer...hmm, you should get her into Lego Leauge ASAP :)
  • Options

GBCK - I had never heard of that before, but it looks awesome. I would have loved to do that when I was in school. I'm hoping Wolverine will be interested when she is old enough to participate.

• Options

Freya, our sock-loving Corgi puppy.

In my signature, I have our other babies, Zoe (the Setter) and Bellamy (the Golden).

• Options
    Ahstillwell, I have been meaning to ask you if that was a corgi! Here are mine:

I have one thing to brag about, I am done teaching for the summer, back to one job, woo! it was fun and i will totally do it again next summer, but I am ready to be back to my one job.
  • Options
    LOVE THE PUPPIESSS!  (yes I like dogs, can you tell?)

Also, AF< that sounds just like my H.  He dismantled many a thing in his toddler-hood.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    Barbie, it is awesome and I only learned about it being an adult who helps out at tourneys :)

I work w/ the guy who runs it in my state -- who is a pretty awesome chemical engineer.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    The kids are adorable.  I am crazy about Buffy's boots and link-bracelets.

The bangs are amazing.

Isn't it funny when kids hit the age where their personality becomes clear?  We think Woozle will be a writer because she LOVES words, language, making up words, making up stories, telling us stories, "reading" to us, etc.  She loves words the way I love Cheez-Its.

I'm trying to AW her flower girl stint, but the photographer futzed with the image files so people can't rip him off (the nerve!)--the photos on FB save as teeny-tiny.  Working on a workaround.

ETA:  ah, screw it
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aw-your-kidpetnew-designer-successory-kidding-af-here-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e9afde30-aaec-442e-9706-6619d02784bbPost:f5fd6d9d-771c-4ade-8e08-bd2453d2293d">Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahstillwell, I have been meaning to ask you if that was a corgi!
    Posted by jojobrn[/QUOTE]

I've come to adore the Corgi! My boyfriend had wanted a Corgi his entire life, so I said that if he got a promotion at work, we could get a Corgi to add to our brood. We got her back in June. It just blows my mind how small she is, as I'm used to big dogs (the Setter is the first non-Golden I've had in my entire life). She's very tiny, only about 15 pounds, and our vet doesn't expect her to get above 20 pounds.

With the Golden and the Corgi, we're now able to do one of our greatest dreams: recreating Dog Fort. Freya will look rather fine in a lobster costume and we've already assured that Bellamy is comfortable in a couch fort.

ETA: And Freya is, in fact, missing an ear. It was eaten off by another dog when she was but a wee puppy.

• Options
    love the puppies!!

woozle is adorable. they picked a nice dress (not like the one that HE posted on FB yesterday)
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    i love this thread.
  • Options
    They ate her ear?!?!  *tiny gasp*  Poor puppy.  She doesn't seem to mind though.

I have two large dogs.  WHEE!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aw-your-kidpetnew-designer-successory-kidding-af-here-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:e9afde30-aaec-442e-9706-6619d02784bbPost:e02beb99-8d47-4ea0-a1ab-38421a9455fe">Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics) : I've come to adore the Corgi! My boyfriend had wanted a Corgi his entire life, so I said that if he got a promotion at work, we could get a Corgi to add to our brood. We got her back in June. It just blows my mind how small she is, as I'm used to big dogs (the Setter is the first non-Golden I've had in my entire life). She's very tiny, only about 15 pounds, and our vet doesn't expect her to get above 20 pounds. With the Golden and the Corgi, we're now able to do one of our greatest dreams: recreating Dog Fort. Freya will look rather fine in a lobster costume and we've already assured that Bellamy is comfortable in a couch fort. ETA: And Freya is, in fact, missing an ear. It was eaten off by another dog when she was but a wee puppy.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I grew up with a shepard mix, so I've only ever known big dogs. My husband was the one who always wanted crogis, and now I love them. They are stinky and loud but they are ours and they love us very much. </div><div>
    </div><div>Freya's a little one too! Sarge our red/white is usually about 28 pounds and bella our tri sits at about 26 pounds. Sarge is long and lean, bella is a shorter body, so a stocky build.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aw-your-kidpetnew-designer-successory-kidding-af-here-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e9afde30-aaec-442e-9706-6619d02784bbPost:f834a004-b3cb-4f32-bad8-3e302e4fb40d">Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your kid/pet/new designer successory (kidding, AF) here! (pics) : Freya's a little one too! Sarge our red/white is usually about 28 pounds and bella our tri sits at about 26 pounds. Sarge is long and lean, bella is a shorter body, so a stocky build.
    Posted by jojobrn[/QUOTE]

I have a friend whose Corgi weighs 40 frickin' pounds. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.

And yes, little Freya is from a puppy mill in Kansas and when she was a newborn, she and her siblings were up against the side of the cage and a Dachshund the next cage over nommed off an ear from each of them :(.

• Options
    Stupid dachshunds!  Awful animals.  *waits for zsa*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards