Snarky Brides
Options

Tell me about your jeans

I'm looking at some Sevens on Ebay and I'm curious...

Do you have a brand you prefer?
Style?
Wash?
Whats your inseam?

How do you feel about embellished pockets? Like these ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/7-seven-all-mankind-skinny-straight-jeans-sz-26-EUC-/150477398905?pt=US_CSA_WC_Jeans

Re: Tell me about your jeans

• Options
    edited August 2010

My favourite pair is actually a pair of Sevens... I've searched for years to find another like these ones to no avail, and all the other Sevens I've tried are no where near as good. They're a blackish/grey denim

I did get a pair of CK's while I was in the US that are really nice blue denim... sadly, I didn't have them hemmed and last week I ripped through the bottom of them with my shoe! 

Just as well I am coming to the US again in a few weeks!

*Oh, and to answer your poll, my favourite style is bootcut.

• Options
    I wear plain jeans because we can't wear any with tears or the "washed" look to work, just nice solid-color jeans. I also wear only flare leg, the bootleg or straight leg cut drives me nuts, I feel like my ankles are suffocating (I'm the same way with collars, I can't wear shirts with collars that touch my throat).

I don't have a favorite brand, but Levi jeans usually fit me better. Usually I get them from Kohl's, so whatever brands they sell are the ones I buy. I honestly don't usually look at the labels.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of embellished pockets. I'm not sure about the inseam or how to measure it. I wear a size 3, but depending on the brand maybe a size smaller.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-jeans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:95e49002-0a46-4240-bdc8-486725dca3e3Post:8030035c-0ac3-45c8-af10-4b4beea22f5d">Re: Tell me about your jeans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear plain jeans because we can't wear any with tears or the "washed" look to work, just nice solid-color jeans. I also wear only flare leg, <strong>the bootleg or straight leg cut drives me nuts,</strong> I feel like my ankles are suffocating (I'm the same way with collars, I can't wear shirts with collars that touch my throat). I don't have a favorite brand, but Levi jeans usually fit me better. Usually I get them from Kohl's, so whatever brands they sell are the ones I buy. I honestly don't usually look at the labels. Oh, and I'm not a fan of embellished pockets. I'm not sure about the inseam or how to measure it. I wear a size 3, but depending on the brand maybe a size smaller.
    <p>Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I find that the boot leg is usually a little flared. I can't stand straight leg either.</p>
  • Options
    I really want a pair of "skinny" jeans but I always feel like they look odd on me...
  • Options
    I love bootcut jeans and I usually find Express jeans to be cut the best.  I hate GAP and Old Navy jeans, although I have an awesome pair from Banana Republic (Urban Stretch) that are a great bootcut that hugs without being suffocating.  I like embellishment on pockets, as long as it is not some weird 12 year old girl glittery design.

From pictures you've posted here, it seems like you have the right body type (tall, thin) for skinny jeans.  I don't see skinny jeans as an everyday jean, but I think they look really god on some people.  I actually like the GAP boyfriend jean in stretch because it fits like a cute skinny jean without being weird or causing muffin top.  But those are also a distressed denim, so that probably doesn't work for every day.

Can you tell I like to shop? Tongue out
  • Options
    Hahah I think thats my thing about skinny jeans, they make me feel realy wide in the stomach/ hips area...
  • Options
    I wear Levi's, in the "Short" style, cuz I'm a bit vertically challenged. I like the Bootcut style, so I generally get 515's, I think. They're the only ones that really fit me.
  • Options
    I hate the way most skinny jeans make me look but my favorite skinny jeans are the Erin skinny from Abercrombie.  The ones I have are 100% cotton in a vintage blue color with a distressed look.

My all time favorite pair of jeans are Sevens in the Dojo cut.  They are a really dark wash but not too dark so you can dress them up or dress them down.  I love the wider leg on them and they look good with heels or flats.

• Options
    Amy- I wore my Dojo's until I ripped the butt open! I'm going to miss them :( I have an awesome pair of the squiggle pocket kind but they're too small.

Abercrombie is the only other brand I've found fits me well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-jeans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:95e49002-0a46-4240-bdc8-486725dca3e3Post:a24da3b4-07ef-4568-a4f0-d5ce308750fa">Re: Tell me about your jeans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahah I think thats my thing about skinny jeans, they make me feel realy wide in the stomach/ hips area...
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]
    I think they're just a style that takes some getting used to.  I swore I would never wear them, but they go well with blousy tops.  If I'm going to tuck into boots, though, I prefer leggings.  Comfort and style :)

I do love the fit of SEvens, though, and that looks like a great price.
  • Options
    Yea, I tend to wear more flowy tops so I guess that could help with the skinny jeans thing.
  • Options
    That's too funny, I am the same way!  Kind of weird though because we clearly dont have the same body type.  The one thing I go by when I shop for skinny jeans is dont go for ones with too much stretch.  I always feel like if they are really tight at the ankles it looks my body look completely unproportioned. 

I really like the jeans that your looking at on ebay but I am a little iffy about the pockets.  I am not a huge fan of embellished pockets but those aren't that flashy.  I say go for it.
  • Options
    I live in skinny jeans, I wear them all the time. My favorites are my J Brand denim leggings. Paige Denim also fits really well.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I need to try Paige. I think atrip to the mall is in order.
  • Options
    The only jeans I've found that I like lately are Mossimo from Target. I'm a curvy girl with pretty big thighs in relation to my hip, so everything is either ungodly tight in the thighs and fits fine in the waist or is ridiculously huge in the waste (giving me the dreaded crotch bulge) but fits decently down the legs.
  • Options
    I love sevens.  My last two pairs of jeans were sevens.  They had a midrise that I loved.  Call me square, but I like having jeans that cover my ass crack.  These were just under my belly button.

I'm also a sucker for boot cut.  (And this next statement will sound funny) The only way I like skinny jeans are if I wear them with boots.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I can't decide if I like this top or not. I feel like it'd be super hard to pull off
    http://cgi.ebay.com/BoHo-Bordello-Tunic-Blouse-Anthropologie-Earring-S-/200506292638?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops

Shelly, that makes sense, because they fit in the boots haha
  • Options
    Ha!  I have that same shirt in my watch list on ebay.  If you have or found a big belt like in the picture it would look great with those Seven jeans and boots.
  • Options
    I have a terrible time finding jeans.  My inseam is 36" which is next to impossible to find.  I did buy only Old Navy because they made extra talls, but now they don't any more :( JC Penny has a tall line, but only the cataglog/online so I guess I'm going to have to try them out.
    Gap has a line that I like, but it's hard to find them too.  When I do, I ususally stock up.  Last black Friday, I bought 12 pairs
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No way! I just added it to my watch! only 20 minutes left though. I never wear stuff with belts but I do have a cute brown belt...
  • Options
    DMiller-  Have you tried American Eagle?  They have the extra tall length on their website.
  • Options
    Dmiller- I have a hard time finding jeans that are long enough. Its easier now that I've gotten bigger but trying to find a 00 in long with no butt is impossible.
  • Options
    I hate jeans. I haven't worn them all summer. Jeans are just not friendly to short, curvy girls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Even without the belt, if you wear the right accessories with it I think it could work.  I also wouldn't wear it completely buttoned up to my neck either.  The one I am watching is a medium though because of my chest.  I hate it sometimes because tops like that are usually way too loose around my waist and barely button over the girls.
  • Options
    I never answered my own poll.
    Clearly I like Abercrombie and Seven for All Mankind
    I like boot cut or slightly flared and like the look of skinny.
    I prefer a dark wash so I can dress them up and wear to work but I like a really nice, light wash for casual days.
    I have to buy all jeans long, I think my inseams a 35 but I just measured my favorite pair (which say they're a 35) and they've shrunken down to a 33.5ish which is ok with flats.
  • Options
    I like Lucky Brand boot cut jeans or Skinny jeans from Pac Sun.
  • Options
    Amy- I have no boobs so it would definitely fit but it also worries me that it could make me look super flat chested.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-jeans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:95e49002-0a46-4240-bdc8-486725dca3e3Post:18e13256-a464-4cef-b91f-a5810cb2585c">Re: Tell me about your jeans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate jeans. I haven't worn them all summer. Jeans are just not friendly to short, curvy girls.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

No, no they are not. For this reason, I have worn the same 3 pairs of jeans for well over a year.
  • Options
    Comfy, bootcut, dark and eff any kind of embellished anything. Just leave my jeans alone!
  • Options
    I wear Vigoss jeans.  They are my absolute favorite.  I haven't found any jeans I like as much as these.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards