North Carolina
Options

Levine Museum of the New South

Hello ladies! I am recently engaged and on a search for the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. We looked at the Levine Museum this weekend and we loved the location and thought it was really nice. Only thing I wasn't sure about is the main room is not large enough to accommodate a sit down dinner for approx 125 guests. There is another room right next to it where we could have people sit if they wanted, but it wasn't our favorite room. With the main room, we were thinking of having our DJ and dance floor and very limited seating in there (a few tables, plus a few cocktail tables). We would do food stations in the other room that is attached so people can sit in there and eat, if they would like, or go out to where the action is happening on the dance floor. My mom was concerned about this location (she hasn't seen it) b/c she said people would want to sit and watch the dance floor. I am a little concerned, but don't think it is a huge deal. It just wouldn't be a traditional reception. Anyone have any experience with Levine? Thoughts?

Re: Levine Museum of the New South

• Options
    We looked at the venue ourselves but we didn't like the flow. Where you eat dinner (sit down) is in a seperate location from the dance flow.When is the date??
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_levine-museum-of-the-new-south?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:e12b32c1-9cce-4b6d-b844-7fe12157c5ffPost:ffd02c64-7b3d-4082-84b7-c19d96befa77">Levine Museum of the New South</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello ladies! I am recently engaged and on a search for the perfect venue for our wedding and reception. We looked at the Levine Museum this weekend and we loved the location and thought it was really nice. Only thing I wasn't sure about is the main room is not large enough to accommodate a sit down dinner for approx 125 guests. There is another room right next to it where we could have people sit if they wanted, but it wasn't our favorite room. With the main room, we were thinking of having our DJ and dance floor and very limited seating in there (a few tables, plus a few cocktail tables). We would do food stations in the other room that is attached so people can sit in there and eat, if they would like, or go out to where the action is happening on the dance floor. My mom was concerned about this location (she hasn't seen it) b/c she said people would want to sit and watch the dance floor. I am a little concerned, but don't think it is a huge deal. It just wouldn't be a traditional reception. Anyone have any experience with Levine? Thoughts?
    Posted by Knp133[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards