Military Brides
Options

Space A

FI brought up the idea of flying home from the honeymoon Space A to save $$. I wasnt sure if this would be possible with our honeymoon being the day after the wedding and I wont have a military ID yet. Just wondering if anyone has done this or knows if its possible?

Re: Space A

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As far I know, you would have to be a dependent, like already in DEERs and stuff. Tell your FI to talk to the Space A people. I don't know what his branch of service he is, because depending on that it's easier or harder to find out. I'm AD Navy, and the air terminal is right next to the hangar that I work in, so when I was looking to fly space a to Japan on leave to see my FI i just walked across a parking lot! Also, contact your local USO office and see if they have any info. I was going to fly Soace A out of Seattle, so my base air terminal couldn't really help me very much. You can also always google Space A info. But as far as I know it's for Military & dependents, Maybe you could start your paperwork a little before the wedding? I'm not sure. Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The answer is No you wouldn't be able to fly space A....you have to be a dependent and already in deers...the base won't issue an ID or put you in deers until you get an official copy of your marriage license....not the one you sign on the wedding day it's a different copy...so you may not even be able to get an ID till a couple weeks after you've been married depending on how fast you request for a copy of the ML. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nichelle0716Nichelle0716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it depends on what branch you are in, but i was registered and in DEERS the day of my wedding. My Fiance only had 3 days of leave to come home, get married, and get me signed up as a dependent. i(true we didn't have a big ceremony or anything). but we got married in the morning, went in town and got a copy of our official marriage certificate, and then went to base. There I was entered into the system, and left with my dependent ID in hand :) so it very well may be possible for you guys to fly Space A, but it will take some flexibility and maybe a lot of running around. 
    also if you have reservations some where for your honeymoon, space A may actually not be a good option for you. Space A IS stand-by air travel, and not making a flight can be very common. so if it's important to you to be spending your honeymoon AT your special location, it might be worth the extra $$ to be relaxing and not stuck in terminals for days. 

hope everything works out :)

• Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards