Ohio-Columbus
Options

Wedding Colors

My wedding is Jan. 28th 2010. My colors are blue and siliver but i was thinking of adding purple also. Just for soemthing a little different what do you think? The blue is light blue (cornflower from davids bridal) and the purple would be between a light and a dark.

Re: Wedding Colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea. My friend that got married last year had dark purple, blue and silver. I am always a fan of one color light, one dark and an accent color, which is what we did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MissySue that a dark purple, like and eggplant or plum would complement the light blue and silver.  For winter that would be pretty!
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sounds gorgeous! I agree with pp. Go with dark purple. You want it to compliment the lighter colors! It will make them pop out more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of adding in the purple too. Originally we were going to do navy and light blue for our September wedding, but I decided on navy with bright purple and deep pink flowers. I really like blue and purple together, definitely more dimension and more modern than just the blue and silver. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get paint swatches...I did this and it really helped me decide the colors that I liked together.
  • Options
    eidiva26eidiva26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much and Danielle great idea about the paint swatches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards