Michigan-Detroit
Options

Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a SCAM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to warn you if won a bridal package from RP Bridal, this may be a scam. We recieved a message saying we had won a  two night free hotel accomodation, $1,000 in coupons from GroceryCardUSA,a chance to win a Harley Davidson, and 40% discount promotional offer for Royal Prestige Cookware. The catch is you have to attend a 1hr demonstration for the cookware, in which they try to sell you VERY expensive cookware.
After reading the fine print for the hotel, researching the paperwork for the coupons and cookware, we found that many couples had also stated that this "bridal package" is a scam. I felt excited at first that we had won this package to help us plan our honeymoon. Now I just hope no couple gets fooled by this cookware company. The economy is hard enough trying to plan a wedding, so just be aware if you happen to come across this RP Bridal Package.

Best.
-M

Re: Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a SCAM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All of those things are a scam. If you didn't spend any money, you technically didn't get ripped off, but still. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a call from them today too. I looked them up and the grocery coupon website is definitely a scam. They want you to pay for fees and shipping and they "pay you back" with extra coupons. RIGHT.

The website for the hotel accommodations seems cheap and information-less too. I'm really disappointed because I thought I won the big prize from last month's wedding fair, but oh well. At least I realized it before going to the event or spending money on it.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is why I stayed away from Bridal Shows. Way too many chances to get scammed, spammed, etc. And it makes the planning less fun when you're hoping you'll win something and then find out all you're going to get is an inbox full of spam and a bunch of phone calls. Not worth it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    HOLD UP FOLKS!! Hear me out. My name is Cathrin. I'm 30yrs old and I'm a stay-at-home-mom/tattoo artist. You can look me up on Facebook if you want. In no way, shape, or form do I now or have I ever worked for this company or any company associated with them. BTW I fully intend to repost this on any thread I find regarding Royal Prestige or Dinner 4 Two.
    My husband and I got the same call that most everyone did. They offered a 3 day 2 night stay in the Bahamas and 2 free rings through JVL Jewelry and all we had to do was watch the Royal Prestige presentation. The rep specifically told us to leave the wallet at home because she didn't want us to feel pressured to buy anything.
    We went to the presentation. The salesman's name was Chanse. He worked out of Nashville. He was absolutely HILARIOUS! I'd love to be best friends with that guy. He was just that cool. We actually talked about tattoos after the presentation, but thats another story.
    So anyway, he showed us how the cookware works. He showed us the china and the crystal glasses and the stainless steel spoons. He explained all the free gifts. And at the end of the show, we ate the little samples of the food. Then everyone decided whether they wanted to buy the product or not. With all of the gifts that were being thrown in for free, (some of which we've already taken advantage of) we decided to go ahead and get the 7 piece cookware set. We also got the china and 4 glasses.
    That night, when we got home, we ordered the 2 free rings from JVL Jewelry. There was a shipping fee, just like Chanse told us there would be. We paid it, got the rings less than a week later.
    Shortly thereafter, we received the cookware. Pretty, shiny, heavy as ****. My brother and one of the guys from my church even went so far as to bang the china plate on the wall like the salesman had done during the presentation. Not so much as a scratch :)
    Over the course of the next week, I read through the care and instructions book twice, just to make sure I understood everything.
    Since then, I've made pork chops and chicken with no oil or grease or sauce in the pan. Followed the instructions and guess what??? IT DIDN'T STICK! Shocking, right? I made mashed potatoes without boiling them. I used the smaller dutch oven and lid with the small strainer. The potatoes are so much tastier this way.... Tonight, I made a 2.5lb pot roast, complete with onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Followed the instructions and actually used the recipe in the cookbook they sent with it and guess what??? It was completely cook, tender and juicy and friggin' delicious, from start to finish, in 1 hour. ONE HOUR. I kid you not.
    Everything worked the way Chanse said it would. EXACTLY the way he said it would. I've run those pans through the dishwasher. They come out just as perfect as the day we got them. The little whistles on the tops of the lids even whistle at me when they're supposed to. And do you know, within that first 3 days after we placed the order, you know the 3 day grace period they give you to cancel the order if you change your mind, I called the Viva Wyndham Resort (I even made sure to get the corporate phone number online) and I verified that the 3 day 2 night stay in the Bahamas (which our salesman actually increased to a 5 day 4 night stay) was actually a legitimate offer. You have to pay a tax fee because its outside the US (just like Chanse said warned us we would when we bought the stuff) but everything else is free. EVERYTHING. Meals, activities, drinks, GRATUITIES, all of it! Its literally all inclusive, and it is free with the promotion we got for buying the cookware.
    So, all that being said, I fail to see where the scam is.... It sounds more to me like people either weren't using the cookware right or they had a bad salesman. Ours gave us the phone number to their office in Nashville. I've called and talked to him since then to ask questions. Its real, people. You can look me up on Facebook if you want in order to prove that I am who I say I am. Send me a friend request. I don't mind. Message me on here and I'll give you my name so you can find me on there.
    Just thought you guys might like to know whats up ^_^

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_royal-prestige-bridal-giveaway-scam?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:f80bb4d8-4440-481a-a21b-e3c3fe5bce41Post:4d2c8c68-68b4-480e-9c8a-82971e87ffbc">Royal Prestige Bridal giveaway is a SCAM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, Just wanted to warn you if won a bridal package from RP Bridal, this may be a scam. We recieved a message saying we had won a  two night free hotel accomodation, $1,000 in coupons from GroceryCardUSA,a chance to win a Harley Davidson, and 40% discount promotional offer for Royal Prestige Cookware. The catch is you have to attend a 1hr demonstration for the cookware, in which they try to sell you VERY expensive cookware. After reading the fine print for the hotel, researching the paperwork for the coupons and cookware, we found that many couples had also stated that this "bridal package" is a scam. I felt excited at first that we had won this package to help us plan our honeymoon. Now I just hope no couple gets fooled by this cookware company. The economy is hard enough trying to plan a wedding, so just be aware if you happen to come across this RP Bridal Package. Best. -M
    Posted by marqidez[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thank God I read this post before I called them back. I am at work right now and got a call from Royal Prestige saying that I won a bridal package from "the bridal show" last May. They were doing a drawing and they pulled out my name. Actually, I did not go to any  "Bridal Show" or Wedding Expo last May. But, I did attend a Bridal Expo on July 26 and did not sign up for any drawings with Royal Prestige. After listening to the voicemail, I had a feeling that it was a scam and that is why I immediately searched it online and found that it was a scam. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards