Michigan-Northern
Options

Newbie saying hello

Hi ladies,
I've been looking around on the knot for a little bit, and am finally getting up the guts to jump in on conversation :)
My sweetie and I got engaged in September, and have set plans to get married outside on family property in Kewadin, MI. (We live in the Detroit area- so I'll be reading all your posts to get the area's scoop on a florist, cake, places for guests to stay, etc.)
I have a few things planned already- including the venue, caterer, tent/chairs/linens, and renting restrooms (since it's outdoor). I just picked out the bridesmaids dresses yesterday. I'm pretty excited. They are going to be in a rainbow of colors. Very fun and cute. We're going for less formal day so it fits the bill. 
 I'm not going to lie though- the whole planning process is pretty overwhelming to me. It seems like my mind wanders to another wedding related task every free moment I get. (Is that normal???!) I'm usually not very "girlie" and it's kind of taking me by surprise. :)
So far reading what you have all posted has been extremely helpful! Congrats to all of you on your engagements! I'm sure you are all as happy as I am to have found your awesome man! 

Re: Newbie saying hello

• Options
    parso1raparso1ra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a newbie too!  I'm planning my Traverse City wedding from Pittsburgh so I totally know how you feel doing this planning business long distance.  This is such a great website!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards