California-Orange County
Options

Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue in OC for under $1000, help!!!

We're getting married next September, and since we're paying for everything ourselves (and we're not Rockefellers!) we are looking for a very inexpensive venue to have both the ceremony and reception in or around OC.  Under $1,000 for the venue rental would be ideal, with the cost of chair/table rentals, food, drink etc. on top of that.

Pretty open to a lot of ideas, but would prefer something outdoors with trees or something like a courtyard.  The wedding will not be very large (about 60 people).  We've already got homemade decorations and most of the other details worked out, we just need a venue!  

I've been looking around at outdoor parks and things like that, I just have no idea where to really begin or how a place like that would work out.

Any ideas or advice from previous experience would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Re: Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue in OC for under $1000, help!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    santiago oaks regional park, 1100!
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im getting married there oct 15 , i love it there, orange grove, lots of trees and the include chairs and some banquet tables
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • Options
    GreenEyes005GreenEyes005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Great Park in Irvine...go online and fill out an rfp and see if it fits into your budget. Where in OC are you located? If you live in Woodbridge, a village of Irvine, using any of their facilities are free if you, parents or family member are homeowners...even officiant can make the arrangements. My sister got married at the North Lake gazabo and the rabbi at our synagogue "took" responsibility for the event and it was completely free. 
  • Options
    tkay111tkay111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Historic Heritage Hill Park, Lake Forest
    Its pretty cheap and really cute. Lots of space and has a really cute old fashioned church or schoolhouse you can use for the ceremony.
    You only have to pay for park permit fees.
    Defnitely check it out in person much better than the OC Parks website. Does not do justice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try Hillcrest Terrace in Fullerton and Newland Barn in Huntington beach (that's my venue)
  • Options
    rsdmomrsdmom member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re: Looking for an outdoor ceremony/reception venue in OC for under $1000, help!!!:

Have you tried www.sbpoolparties.com ? Beautiful outdoor area with a pool for $750 for the ceremony and reception. All day rental
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards