Second Weddings
Options

Hi Everyone

I made the mistake of trying to post on my local "New Jersey" board and ended up frustrated with the level of maturity that I encountered on there. I tried to state my opinion how some of the girls on there have been married for over a year already and was attacked over it and then when they realized I was married before I was attacked over that.  One girl actually posted why should we take advice from someone that has been divorced. Stupid girl should realize those of us that have been divorce probably know more and should be taking advice from us.  We lived and learned from our mistakes. What really pushed me over the edge was when one girl posted that I can not use proper grammar because I am taking care of my precious kids.  I could not believe what I was hearing.  One girl even said that she doesn't have kids but when she does her and her husband will always come first.... unbelievable!  I should have just come to this board first instead of going there.  Sorry for venting......Anyway, I am from NJ and getting married June 4th to a wonder guy that is great with my 2 boys.  He has never been married before so he really wanted to have a local wedding.  I wanted to go to an island but I understand he wanted the whole wedding thing.  We are keeping it very small just about 60 people.  I am looking forward to getting some advice from you girls on involving the kids in the ceremony and what you are and are not doing this time around.

Re: Hi Everyone

• Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. Some of the girls on these boards can get snarky. You just have to overlook their comments. I just don't get myself involved in all that.

You can have your kids be in your WP or be a reader if they are ok with that. If their older I would say just to ask them what they would like to do. You can include them in lighting the candles or be involved in a sand ceremony.

Our wedding will def be different than the first time around.
  • Options
    AFChic00AFChic00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It is amazing how a little life experience can go a long way :)  My fiance has two kids (daughter 15 and son 11) who I really wanted to be in the ceremony.  Since we are keeping the wedding very small (less than 50 people) I came up with the idea to ask the kids to be our MOH and BM respectivley.  My soon to be step-daughter was thrilled when I asked her.

I am amazed at how different my outlook is on the second time around.  It is going to be much simpler and what I want instead of what everyone else wants. 

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome springbride! I totally agree with your comments on some of the other boards. Lucky for me, I post on the Detroit board and those  ladies are awesome! It might have to do with our economy, and the whole "stick together" thing LOL.

I'm in a similar position to your fiance, it's my first wedding too. But I'm a much older bride, and while it seems weird to want the whole elegant wedding at my age, too bad.

Incorporating your kids into the ceremony shouldn't be that difficult. My fiance and I have older kids, so it's different. Perhaps when you are going through your vows, you can have your boys standing on either side of you, so it feels as though your fiance is acknowledging his pending relationship with all of you?

We have 18 months until our wedding, so I'm debating on getting a piece of jewelry for each of our kids, something like a claddagh ring or pendant. They may not wear it, but it will be a momento of the wedding for them, and they'll know we have their hearts in  our hands for the rest of our lives together.

The sand ceremony should be fine, and I agree, with young ones, practice is key. I also wouldn't use glass containers, try clear plastic.

Welcome, and good luck. The ladies on this board are very mature and non-critical.
  • Options
    AFChic00AFChic00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a fantastic idea to use the claddagh ring.  The meaning "let love and friendship reign forever" is a great way to tie two families together. 
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello:)  Springbride, just an idea.  What if you use wildflower seeds, or some other seed.  Every person has a different one and you all mix them together.  Then your family can take a day together to plant a garden with those seeds, and annually spend a day planting the same "family" seeds.  And if your ceremony is outside anyway, who cares if the little one makes a mess. 
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I am a May bride and this is a great place to be at! My daughters af 17, 17, and 12 they are all involved in the wedding it has been a blast planning! Have fun with it I think us that have been married more than once enjoy the whole process more and we appreciate the little things more
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls- why don't you come over to the NJ board and see what SpringBride has been posting? You might have a different opinion after you see her nasty comments.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not see anything in the board and I was not going to dig. As long as she doesn't say stuff to me here, I am cool.  Maybe someone there deserved a comment and just couldn't take it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <p>You really should look -- she has been nasty and has been telling us how she is going to come back pretneding to be all different people just to mess with us.</p><p>I actually did not participate in any of the arguments and when I logged on tonight, I see that she made rude comments about my weight for no reason.</p><p>
    [QUOTE]Maybe since you need to lose 25 pounds you should be staying away from Chili's
    Posted by springbride0108[/QUOTE]

Above is what she said about me and my post that influenced that was not directed to her, but to another girl about having too many margaritas at Chili's.
    I said nothing to her and was not there to defend myself.  I am the type of person that believes everyone should be treated with respect, so that is how I live and treat anyone.  What she said about me was uncool and disrespectful.

</p>
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    again, not gonna dig

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes, Springbride.   I got offended at the statement you made above " I tried to state my opinion how some of the girls on there have been married for over a year already and was attacked over it . . ."   Many of us on this board have been married for well over a year, too.  I got married almost 2 years ago. How is it that you think you should only get advice from those who haven't had their weddings yet?  Hmmmm. 

Since joining the board in 2007, I have been cautious about anyone who starts off with "I was attacked."  There's usually a reason, not just because someone's been married before. 

(edited to clarify this was said on this, her first post on SW)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI: Chili's has fantastic low-cal black bean burgers! I'm a vegan (just get it no bun or mayo) and can still find healthy options there! 

I've seen some of her other postings prior to this thread.  I tend not to respond to her for a reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.  And now it seems she's deleted all her other posts, or at least I can't find them.  How long before we hear "You don't know me!" and then a delete in 5, 4, 3. . . 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sigh.  I feel so used.  :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards