Attire & Accessories Forum

SeaBridal?

Anyone ever used or head anything about www.seabridal.com?  Their prices seem too good to be true. Is it a scam?

Re: SeaBridal?

• Hi!

would you mind in tell if you received the dress that bought from seabridal?
    did they corrected the value on your credit card?

thanks so much for your help!

Ana
  • Hi. I am getting married  this January, and I am trying to know if there is a website that I can buy a designer dress for less or I can get done the dress on my own size. I was contemplating the idea of buying a dress in seabridal.com, can anyone tell me if this web is real? Any suggestions?

Thank you! :)
  • I'll let you know, I just ordered a dress from them before I read these posts.  They told me my credit card didn't go through but when I called the credit card company, they said no one tried to charge anything.  Now I'm worried it is a scam.  I'll keep you posted!
  • I just had a live chat with the Sea Bridal rep and they are located in China.  It's weird to me that they offer free shipping.  But do some research and see how you feel about it. I wouldn't do it.
  • How did it go? Did you get a real dress, was it nice?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_seabridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:5d7831e6-fd0e-47e8-818b-b98a258c1d18Post:f7d62142-ee7e-4e9e-be65-9840b598ac48">Re: SeaBridal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll let you know, I just ordered a dress from them before I read these posts.  They told me my credit card didn't go through but when I called the credit card company, they said no one tried to charge anything.  Now I'm worried it is a scam.  I'll keep you posted!
    Posted by nilene1219[/QUOTE]
  • DO NOT USE: seabridal.com - morilybridal.com - susanbridalshop.com - hellobridals.com!!!! They are cheap knock-off dresses. I ordered a dress with them at what I thought was an awesome price. I figured, if its not right, they have a good return policy, right? NOT! I ordered the dress, it was aaalll wrong, so I immediately called to return it. They sent me an email with my options an dinstructions, and told me to email them the tracking number once I had shipped it. I was told I would receive a full refund within three days of them receiving the dress. I paid $70 to ship the dress back to CHINA and now they aren't returning my emails, the phone numbers dont work either. When I track the package it days they received it days ago. So now, not only will I not be getting my refund, but I paid $70 on top of that to ship it back!! DO NOT USE THESE KNOCK-OFF SITES! THEY ARE NOT WORTH IT FOR YOUR WEDDING DRESS!
  •  

I ordered a dress from milanobridal.com, but judging by their helpdesk no. +1 315 288 3008, it's the same company as seabridal.com and many others.

Initially, reading these posts, I wanted to cancel the order, afraid that the dress would not arrive on time, or not arrive AT ALL (although I paid for quick delivery 10-15 days)!!

Well... 9 days after, I got my package!:0 Delivered by DHL, with tracking no. and everything. It is totally worth the price I paid!

The replica is not 1:1 with the original model - Prosa by Manuel Mota Pronovias, but not 3,000 EUR either! The size is perfect (I measured myself, and ordered a normal 2 size), the material is very good (very similar to what Pronovias uses for their veeery expensive dresses), so I think it is worth the price. A few small adjustments need to be made, but for 300$, this is just piece of cake. 

I do not recommend it if you want to be 100% sure of what you get, but I can say that for me it worked perfectly. 

• air359air359 member
    First Comment

Please, can you share photos of replicant with us?
    This company made me be sure about their work, but im still nervous should i order a dress a not

I ordered a dress from milanobridal.com, but judging by their helpdesk no. +1 315 288 3008, it's the same company as seabridal.com and many others.

Initially, reading these posts, I wanted to cancel the order, afraid that the dress would not arrive on time, or not arrive AT ALL (although I paid for quick delivery 10-15 days)!!

Well... 9 days after, I got my package!:0 Delivered by DHL, with tracking no. and everything. It is totally worth the price I paid!

The replica is not 1:1 with the original model - Prosa by Manuel Mota Pronovias, but not 3,000 EUR either! The size is perfect (I measured myself, and ordered a normal 2 size), the material is very good (very similar to what Pronovias uses for their veeery expensive dresses), so I think it is worth the price. A few small adjustments need to be made, but for 300$, this is just piece of cake. 

I do not recommend it if you want to be 100% sure of what you get, but I can say that for me it worked perfectly. 

• I ordered my dress from seabridal.com. I read a lot of reviews on seabridal, jjshouse, and similar sites. Despite many negative reviews, I took the risk and ordered my dress. I knew exactly which style, colour, size, etc I wanted, and I was well aware that for $1500 cheaper than the bridal boutique, clearly this was a knock off. None of the reviews complained that they didn't receive a dress, just that it didn't meet their expectations. So with 10 months before my wedding I figured to give it a go and I can do alterations (which I would have had to do on the designer dress anyways!), or if it's a total disaster, I'm out the $388 which isn't too bad in the scheme of things (although devastating regardless!). So, call me crazy but I ordered my dress. It took 2 months (double the 38-32 days they quote) but they said that's because my dress had a ton of lace so was taking longer and they were exceptionally busy. The two times I emailed to check on my dress I received a response on the same day. 
    *My dress arrived a few days ago and I am thrilled!*
    Yes, there are subtle differences that a potential bride can pick up on. The train is a lot longer on the seabridal dress but I was taking the train off the designer dress anyways (beach wedding). The seam is in a different spot on the underlay of the seabridal dress but there's lace overlay so unless you are looking for differences the way I was, it would never be noticeable. 
    The only thing I have to do on the seabridal dress that I wouldn't have had to do on the designer dress is regarding the belt. The placement on the seabridal dress is not as flattering as the designer so I am having it moved up to be at the correct angle along the waist line. Also, I'll get the buttons down the back reinforced but I don't remember if I would have had to do that on the designer gown.

All in all, if you are not a complete perfectionist, this is an amazing option to get a fabulous dress you deserve at a price you can afford! If it wasn't for seabridal, I wouldn't be able to wear this gorgeous dress I fell in love with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards