Florida-North Florida
Options

Question: Florida Marriage License

I can't seem to find my answer online anywhere...  do I have to apply in the county I live in or the county I'm getting married in... or does it not matter at all??

How many witnesses do I need?  1 or 2?
~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~

Re: Question: Florida Marriage License

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would get it in the county you live because it's easier for you.  We live in Leon county and that's where we got our license.  We got married in Jefferson county.

You don't need witnesses in Florida.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No witnesses in Florida!?  Wowzers!

Thanks for the info!
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  We did two witnesses just because we wanted them, but they weren't required.
  • Options
    4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found this online:
    "Marriage licenses are issued by the county and you can apply for your license at any County Clerk’s office in the state. You do not need to apply for the license in the county where the marriage will take place as the license is good throughout the state once it is issued. Marriage license are good for 60 days after they are issued"
    Witnesses aren't required, but we had our Best Man and our Maid of Honor sign it, just to make it more special.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We needed witnesses, that's weird that you guys didn't. We had to have 2 witnesses, so did my mom when she married my stepdad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_question-florida-marriage-license?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:b0fec9e3-c1d5-4e55-8636-21537e471330Post:9d176cfe-e473-47bb-af77-305f5975e320">Re: Question: Florida Marriage License</a>:
    [QUOTE]We needed witnesses, that's weird that you guys didn't. We had to have 2 witnesses, so did my mom when she married my stepdad.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

There are two spots on the marriage license for witnesses, but they're not required for the marriage to be valid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it was quick and painless... I kind of chuckled when I was at the Duval County Courthose and the marriage license department is right across from Mental Health.
    ~Alissa & Frank 10.9.10~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards