North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Any update on the situation with the Pearl?

Has anyone heard from Anna? I was just wondering what was going on or still needed to be done.  I know there has been a recent push to get information in the papers about this couple. I was just wondering how things were going with Pearl brides.  I feel for you guys!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Any update on the situation with the Pearl?

• Options
    asoho0704asoho0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So much to tell.  Still furious, and this is still a nightmare.  Will update you guys tomorrow when I have a minute..
  • Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi again Anna,
    Looking forward to hearing the latest. I've been posting reviews and sending emails to news orgs in FL and OBX in hopes of getting some response/resolution for you and the other brides. I did get a one-line email response from Trish herself this morning which said, "Please refrain from posting negative reviews about our business on the web. Yours, Trish"
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I wonder what site she saw this on Sarah???  I know that Boo and I have also posted several reviews as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Pearl Brides-

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this...I can't even imagine.  My fingers are crossed for you and for Karma to come thru and kick that you-know-what Trish in the face! 

Have any of you purchased wedding insurance?  If not, believe you can still do that up to a certain point before your wedding.  Maybe it would help you get your money back from Trish?  Just thought it was something worth looking into..

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Anna--YGPM :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are all waiting Anna :)  Not so patiently while we post bad reviews :)  Haha!  I hope all is well.  Let us know if you need ANYTHING! I'm in DC too :)
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_update-situation-pearl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:e3b82629-65d5-47b4-9bf6-b162cddad4a9Post:b4ce4d85-1f52-441b-8bcf-a8754449ae67">Re: Any update on the situation with the Pearl?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pearl Brides- I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this...I can't even imagine.  My fingers are crossed for you and for Karma to come thru and kick that you-know-what Trish in the face!  Have any of you purchased wedding insurance?  If not, believe you can still do that up to a certain point before your wedding.  Maybe it would help you get your money back from Trish?  Just thought it was something worth looking into..
    Posted by WedOBX2012[/QUOTE]

I jsut saw your PM from a month or so ago.  Sorry for the delay but I hardly check that.

I just send you a PM :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies,

So sorry to keep you waiting!  It's been so crazy with work and so much other stuff these last few weeks + holidays, that I have to FORCE myself to take a time out to do things like write this message... or breathe ;)

So basically here is the deal:

The new venue is being run by the new owners of the Sea Ranch.  They have hired a wedding coordinator named Belinda who, unlike Trish, is trying to be as helpful as she can and is very responsive.  They are "honoring" the $1000 venue deposit that we were quoted, and are giving us a $1000 credit; I don't know if they are working out with Trish that she should be paying them the money she has or what.  Regardless, I know that Trish still has my money and is saying that she is not going to refund it to me unless I switch to a new venue. 

This does not make sense to me in that she is contractually obigated to provide certain services to me.  Since she is no longer providing these services, and the venue (The Pearl) is no longer is in existance, I am not understanding why she is refusing to return my $1000 to me; especially since - as far as my understanding goes - she has not provided that $1000 to the new venue.  I am going to follow up some more with the owners of the Sea Ranch as opposed to Belinda, since Belinda does not seem to be privvy to the information surrounding the legalities of the actual dollars paid.  Regardless, I plan on taking legal action regarding Trish, and the way she has handled (or not handled, rather) this entire situation.  Now I am going to get stuck paying hundreds if not thousands more dollars than I was originally quoted for something that was not supposed to cost this much; and had she contacted me months ago when this was originally transpiring, I may have had time to plan to budget more accordingly.  5 months away though - I do not have this luxury anymore.

The new venue at the Sea Ranch (I guess they are just either going to call it the Sea Ranch restaurant or name is TBD) is going to work their hardest to provide the same things for as close to the cost that I/the other brides were quoted as possible; however, there are going to be new costs incurred that were included with the contract with the Pearl that are not included with the new venue (e.g. the cake, chair rental for the beach ceremony).  I've reached out to a couple vendors via email and phone and am hoping to hear back, but so far I've only heard back from Great Cakes (who is still working pricing options) and Cupcakes by Robin.

That's the long and short of it.  I'm so frustrated that I just want someone to scream at, but who can I scream at besides Trish - who refuses to answer or return phone calls?  Anyways, if anyone is tight with vendors down there or knows of any other brides that are going through the same thing, please let me know.  I'm so beyond frustrated that I swear I'm like .0006 seconds from canceling this whole wedding thing and going to the courthouse.  It'd be a shame though bc of the thousands of dollars we've already invested in deposits though.

Anna
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll get through it, I promise!  Definitely don't cancel. I think my wedding is the day before yours, so let me know if you need anything!  Do you have to do your alcohol purchases throught the Sea Ranch?  Let me know if you want any help purchasing alcohol tax free and cheaper, even if for your rehearsal dinner.  FI (well husband already really. haha) is military and we can do that for you if you want.  We're in DC too, like I said :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow wow wow!  That is so sweet of you!  I have no idea what they're doing in terms of alcohol yet (they are telling me all their pricing/options will be complete by the end of the month..??), but we definitely do need some for the rehearsal dinner.  Please email me when you get a chance at asoho0704@yahoo.com!!

Thank you thank you!

Are you staying in the OBX at all before your wedding?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Sarah - what are some of the boards that you're writing on?  Because I'm definitely going to go on there and second all of your reviews ;)
  • Options
    tigertayl22tigertayl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anna,

You should be able to sue her for the extra money you'll be expending as a result of her breach of the contract, so keep track of everything.  If she promised to do something for 1000 and it ends up being 1500, she's liable for the extra 500 (in most states).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you betcha I will!!  I already do have an attorney who is barred in FL, so if I need to take it to her even... I can.
  • Options
    tigertayl22tigertayl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Florida may not have venue, but she probably wouldn't object since it's convenient for her.  Depending on how the contract was signed, I would guess NC would have jurisdiction, or possibly DC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anna, my email is keb2482@yahoo.com.  I'll email you with some more info :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, and I posted a review on the Naples News website article for  their opening, on Urban spoon and Trip advisor so far.

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Hi Anna!

I cannot believe how Trish is acting....then again, this is really no surprise.  Did you get a chance to read the PM I sent you?  Trish was more than happy to speak with me on the phone to clarify things and I told her that she didn't need to talk to me....it was the brides she needed to reach out too.  The e-mail between her and I is very interesting actually.

I used Great Cakes and Susan did a wonderful job!  I am sure that she will be more than happy to work with you in lieu of what has happened.  If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.  We are all here to do what we can to make your day everything that you wanted!

Don't worry lovie!  Take some deep deep breaths and trust in your heart that all of this WILL work out and you WILL have the wedding you have always dreamed of.  We will help you get through this :)

• Options
    sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anna,
    I got in contact with a reporter from the Virginia Pilot and told him about what's been going on. He wants to talk to you if you are interested. Here is his email: Jeff Hampton [Jeff.Hampton@pilotonline.com]
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not get the PM!!!  Weird??  You can email me direct at asoho0704@yahoo.com.

Also - Sarah - I am SO getting in touch with him, thank you!!!!! 
  • Options
    Just an FYI--a little birdie told me that Susan with Atlantic Cake Co. is working with Belinda at the Sea Ranch for the upcoming brides cakes.

I used Susan and she was very professional, the cake was moist & delicious!  This is a great match-up for The Pearl brides :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards