Honeymoon Discussions
Options

All Inclusive Budget Friendly suggestions??

Does anyone have any budget friendly suggestions for an all-inclusive resort??? Or where is the best place to book them??

We would prefer to stay in the Carribean, not in Mexico, and keep it under $2500 total for both of us. This is actually the first real vacation we are going on together and I am soooo looking forward to getting away!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All Inclusive Budget Friendly suggestions??

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_all-inclusive-budget-friendly-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:93c22df1-b17b-4104-81e5-6a114f7962bdPost:c1ddf7d9-75c3-4cf1-8e5b-d33c50eace14">All Inclusive Budget Friendly suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any budget friendly suggestions for an all-inclusive resort??? Or where is the best place to book them?? We would prefer to stay in the Carribean, not in Mexico, and keep it under $2500 total for both of us. This is actually the first real vacation we are going on together and I am soooo looking forward to getting away!!
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

<div>Your price will really depend on the time of year you're planning to go. Other factors: Where in the Caribbean? How long will your trip be? </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I would look at options in Jamaica or Dominican Republic. How long are you looking to go? If you are only looking at 5 nights, then your budget will get you nicer resort than if you wanted 7-8 nights.

If you have experience traveling, booking online at some place like Expedia would be fine. If you need guiadance, I recommend reaching out to a travel agent. You can find one by searching google based on your location or you can check out country wide agencies like Liberty, American Express, or even do a search on the board for "Caribbean Travel Agent" and see what pops up!

• Options

I'm sorry if this is considered advertising, but I had a lot of luck with the website allinclusiveoutlet.com.  You are able to look at different locations, put in specifications and compare what is available.  I found it helpful for research purposes, even though I ended up booking through a travel agent.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_all-inclusive-budget-friendly-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:93c22df1-b17b-4104-81e5-6a114f7962bdPost:ab35e2fd-133d-49ba-ab92-71570fb8e9a5">Re: All Inclusive Budget Friendly suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry if this is considered advertising, but I had a lot of luck with the website allinclusiveoutlet.com.  You are able to look at different locations, put in specifications and compare what is available.  I found it helpful for research purposes, even though I ended up booking through a travel agent.
    Posted by kaos16[/QUOTE]

<div>That site is great. Cheapcaribbean.com is great, too. Lots of great options out there, OP! You'll have a great trip. We're going to Jamaica for our HM and can't wait. Getting great deals because we'll be traveling in September.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Why not Mexico? They have some of the most beautiful and budget friendly AI's. Our favorite vacation together was to Cancun, and that even tops our trip to Fiji. We just loved Cancun, the gorgeous water, the waves, unlimited food and drinks, great service, and a ton of excursions to choose from. We went on an ATV and jet ski tour and we also did a sunset dinner cruise.

If you're dead set against Mexico, the next cheapest options are usually Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and the Bahamas. HTH!
  • Options
    I've also found good deals with American Airlines Vacation Packages--I went to Argentina in August and my flight + hotel for 7 nights/8 days was less than 1500.
  • Options
    Sorry should have been a little more specific! We are getting married 8/31/13 so will probably honeymoon sometime in Sept. We are looking to spend 5 or 6 nights. Thanks for the website suggestions! I keep hearing Jamacia is a really affordable Carribean option....anyone been there or have any specific resort suggestions??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_all-inclusive-budget-friendly-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:93c22df1-b17b-4104-81e5-6a114f7962bdPost:82c18587-80f4-4fd8-afe9-719574693a1e">Re: All Inclusive Budget Friendly suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not Mexico? They have some of the most beautiful and budget friendly AI's. Our favorite vacation together was to Cancun, and that even tops our trip to Fiji. We just loved Cancun, the gorgeous water, the waves, unlimited food and drinks, great service, and a ton of excursions to choose from. We went on an ATV and jet ski tour and we also did a sunset dinner cruise. If you're dead set against Mexico, the next cheapest options are usually Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and the Bahamas. HTH!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]
    ^THIS^

But in other news, I have always heard good things about Jamaica other then the fact that it is not very safe. As in, if you leave the resort you have to go with a tour company or with a group of people. Where as in Mexico you can just walk out of the resort and take public transportation to Tulum, X-Caret or Xplor and not have to worry about someone selling you drugs or getting robbed. Plus Mexico is gorgeous.

Another driver said All Inclusive Outlet or AllInclusiveOutlet.com and I 2nd that. I used that website in combination with Trip Advisor for all of my research. We decided to go with a local travel agent though because they were able to get the same price and throw some extra's in. I have known several people that have used AllInclusiveOutlet and it is great because it can narrow down your search and it give you the full price including airfare for your exact dates and from the city you are leaving from.

Good luck. 
    PS. I hope you are not excluding Mexico because of what your friends or family have said. You should trust experienced travelers like us!

• Options
    krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    Would you consider a cruise? Book through a site like Orbitz (or Costco if you have a membership) - the closer you book to the date of departure, the cheaper it will be. Especially if you can get airfare through Southwest, you could easily go for a week at that price, and get to see a few different islands as well.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have already been to Mexico 3 times and was just looking elsewhere to experience something new...I have also been on 2 crusies as previous family vacations and FI isn't too keen on being a boat that long. Also cruises don't have free drinks!!

If we do go the Mexico route, are there any specific resort suggestions??

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jamacia is pretty much just as safe as Mexico, obviously dont go walking around dark alleys at night, as long as you use common sense you will be fine. We are going to a Sandals in Jamacia for our HM, but have heard that Couples resorts are really affordable
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I've been to both Mexico and Jamaica as well and I did feel safer in Mexico. That being said however, Jamaica ranked much higher on my list as far as an overall vacation. If you do go there, stick with your resort, don't wander off, and stay with your tour groups. It's not a place I would feel comfortable renting a car and exploring on my own. But the land is gorgeous, and the excursions are awesome.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards