Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering For Southwest Gift Cards? Rude?

My FH and I are long distance for now, he's stationed in NM and I'm in MD.  We have had a terrible time making a registry.  I've lived on my own for 4+ years so I have most things in my home that I need, and we're not into registering for lots of stuff that we won't uses.  Since we're LD and have a small registry is it rude to have on the shower invites something like "Help the couple spend time together with a southwest gift card"  Might need to work on the wording... but you get my drift.  Is this ok to do?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registering For Southwest Gift Cards? Rude?

• Options
    It's never ok to ask your guests for money.  Gift cards are included.

If you have a small registry people will get the hint and give you money.
  • Options
    No, this isn't okay. It's asking for money without directly asking for cash.

I assume most, if not all of your guests know your situation. Create a small registry and people will get the hint.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Ok, thanks girls. How about just having bridesmaid casually spread the word? Not directly call or anything, just if someone asks about what we'd like.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes she can casually spread it by word of mouth, "Oh, bride and groom are registered at BBB.  But they are also long distance, so I know they would really appreciate money for plane tickets or a gift card to southwest airlines..."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's fine to mention that you are saving for plane tickets if someone asked where you are registered.  

If you don't want that many boxed gifts, decline offers of a shower.  Showers are to shower the bride with gifts, not cash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards