Outdoor Weddings
Options

Where do I get this kind of wedding decor?

I have seen this type of wedding decor a few times in photos, but have no idea where to get the letters! I checked amazon, etsy and ebay, but they just have small letters that are like 6 inches in height, and these photos I'm seeing with them look much larger than that... does anyone have any idea?! Thanks!

Re: Where do I get this kind of wedding decor?

• Options
    A lot of shops on etsy will do custom. I'd check that out again and find someone that makes somehting you like and convo them and see if they can do custom. I'd include the picture you have above so they know what you're looking for. GL!
  • Options
    Hang tight...there is a Knottie who has the letters in her sig pic.  Let me see if I can find her and send her over.....

• Options
    I've seen huge stencils for letters as large as 8-12 inches at the craft stores. Check the aisle with stencils. You'd have to stencil it yourself, then cut and hang.

• Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_where-do-i-get-this-kind-of-wedding-decor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:ba66185e-916b-45d1-922c-a216c1069b57Post:40e244e1-35db-44aa-ba7d-9a66e571c790">Re: Where do I get this kind of wedding decor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hang tight...there is a Knottie who has the letters in her sig pic.  Let me see if I can find her and send her over.....
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]
    That's me!!<div>
    </div><div>I actually bought 4 wooden picture frames from the craft store that come with the holes pre-drilled. I then bought the 4 letters I needed (2 large, 2 small). I painted them all and assembled with wood glue and ribbon. If you click on my engaged bio in my siggy, then go to the DIY page, you can see what the materials looked like before & after. </div><div>
    </div><div>I felt that wood was better than paper because it would hold up better to the wind & last longer. We're putting it on our sweetheart table. HTH!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: If you want really huge letters that you're going to glue somewhere stationary, then you can use paper mache letters. I found that the Joann's in my area has it. You can see pictures of my uncompleted 'WE DO' letters in my DIY page too. I still have to finish 2 more letters. They're much larger, but made of paper, so its very light. </div>
  • Options
    kinda cute

• Options
    I kinda think this might be a DIY project.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    rlavach, I have seen your bio pic on here several times.. just wanted to let you know they were beautiful!  as for the original post, I have found some thin wooden letters at my area Hobby Lobby that seemed large enough.  You might try there
  • Options
    Thank you all very much for your help! I was hoping I could find the materials to make this a DIY project! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards