Catholic Weddings
Options

Who to Talk To?

So my uncle/godfather is marrying my FI and I in our parish not his. My uncle is in charge of all the paperwork. So my question is who do I contact when I have questions about the mass/readings/all other things. Do I ask my uncle or the church or are there certain things that one should be contacted over the other? Thanks

Re: Who to Talk To?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    As far as readings go, I would ask your Uncle. other things like if the flower girl can throw petals I would refer to the actual Church.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Things related to the Mass itself would be your uncle, things related to use of the church would be the parish itself. Your parish might have a specific organist you're supposed to use and you should talk to them about the music. The only other thing I can think of is the rehearsal--we have a similar situation, and the rehearsal is scheduled by the parish church and I believe a woman from the parish will be there to direct it (and she'll also be there the day of the wedding to line everyone up, send us down the aisle, etc.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, I would refer to the Church instead of your Uncle about aby pre-marital courses you may need to take. Those must meet parrish regulations unless they give you specific notice that you may go through someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's. Our church had a wedding planning handbook in which virtually all the questions we had were answered in there. There were some where we had to contact the wedding coordinator who was also the music director bc our priest wasn't even sure on some of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0188a31b-2900-4bb5-a0d9-b7d4a7c5a96cPost:b2be0679-1379-4f3c-ad35-01949c91652b">Re: Who to Talk To?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto pp's. Our church had a wedding planning handbook in which virtually all the questions we had were answered in there. There were some where we had to contact the wedding coordinator who was also the music director bc our priest wasn't even sure on some of them.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

I wish our church had a handbook. It would be so great since i have no idea on what is needed for weddings what is required what your not allowed to do...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was one thing I loved about our church. I guess they had so many grey areas in the past that when our priest took over that parish, he decided to write it all out. I am so glad we did bc it greatly reduced the e-mails and phone calls I had to make to the church with questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice. My church does have a book and I have read it, though it does not seem as through as yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards