Wedding Woes
Options

Anyone's mother not like your FH?

Ok ladies.. I haven't posted on this board before I usually post on the local board.

I was just wondering if any of your mothers don't like your FH or don't support your wedding?

How do you cope?

Thanks

Re: Anyone's mother not like your FH?

• Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    They aren't alike at all.  But I wasn't really wanting to marry my mother, so it hasn't been a problem for me.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to need to know why they don't like him before I can answer this.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well its not my mother but my father who doesnt like him. why he doesnt i really dont know because we have talked to him before and he says that the doesnt have a problem with our relationship because as long as i'm happy then he's happy but in the 3 yrs we've been together my dad has never spoke to my FI. He says we have his blessing for the wedding but it still sucks not having them speak to each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    latashaphillips: reverse the parents and that is my situation. My Mom has serious issues that she refuses to get help for and we have such a strained relationship that I hate to sound negative, but I doubt it will get any better. I have already talked to my Priest about this and he told me that it may come down to me making a decision whether I want my husband or her. Of course the choice is obvious, but it is just so hard to drop her from my life that way, but after all, she has choose that path, so I can't really do anything about it. There were some issues in the past with FH and she still holds onto that, she likes to hold grudges and does not know the meaning or power of forgiveness. We will all make it through this. Just be happy you are starting a new life together...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mother doesn't like my FH either and has refused to help with the wedding in any way, shape or form.  As much as it kills me that she's being like this because I've always dreamed of planning my wedding with my mom, I'm not marrying her.  I've pretty much just stopped talking to her about anything wedding related that doesn't require her attention.  It does still hurt sometimes though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I'm in the same situation right now... I created the "mother on menopause..." thread and haven't talked to her in about a month about anything really.  She says she's supportive of the wedding but her attitude and actions say something completely different.  She is refusing to be part of any of the planning from now on too. 

My FI was homeschooled and never took his GED exam even though he finished high school, where I am currently pursuing a masters degree... this doesn't sit well with my mom who values education.  She has a bunch of other little issues but this is the big one she has with him.  I understand her perspective in wanting to take care of me still but I am about to turn 25 and I've made the choice to look past what degree he has because of all of his other qualities. He has a job that pays him more than I make even with my BA degree and has options if he eventually has to leave his current position. 

Now my mom wants to meet with me on Saturday to talk... I'm not sure how this is going to go.  We'll see I guess...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards