New Hampshire
Options

Headed to David's Bridal and Modern Bride..

I'm dress shopping for the first time this weekend! The plan is to check out Modern Bride in Bedford and David's Bridal in Nashua. Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Headed to David's Bridal and Modern Bride..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have absolutely nothing good to say about David's.

I did get my dress at MB though!  Good luck and I hope you find the dress of your dreams!!!
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah....not a fan of David's Bridal either.....Loved Modern Bride and purchased the dress there too, (bridesmaid dresses also).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HATED Modern Bride.  The 3 times I went back, I never had a good time.  I loved Mary & Tux.
  • Options
    Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to DBs twice and wasn't really thrilled... maybe it was just because I didn't really care for any of the dresses I tried on because my consultants were really nice and not pushy but I just wasn't thrilled.

I've heard great things about both Modern Bride and Marry and Tux... I was going to go to both of them but I found my dress at 125 Bridal in Plaistow so I stopped looking =) Briana was great to work with and the first dress she pulled was "THE ONE"... she really listened to watch I was describing.

as far as advice goes... wear a strapless bra and underwear you are comfortable having the consultant see you in =) AND OF COURSE... HAVE FUN!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to David's Bridal be prepared for mayhem.  The weekends there are usually beyond busy and the crowds can be overwhelming. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at David's Bridal and actually had a great experience, although I went to the one in Warwick, RI. I have been to the one in Danvers, MA a few times with maids, and that wasn't so bad, because we kind of took over the appointment and looked for dresses off the racks ourselves.

My consultant in RI was actually awesome and she pulled tons of dresses for me, and I ended up finding one. I consider myself lucky, because this is does not seem to be the norm.

I would recommend trying a weekday appointment.

Good luck and have FUN!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ajweden84ajweden84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to Modern Bride - but Davids Bridal did a great job with everything!!

I did go on a Monday morning and felt that had something to do with my experience.  We were the only ones in the place, it was great!  I have been there on a Saturday and OMG! Chaotic!!!

Good luck!!
  • Options
    LoveYouBLoveYouB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ordered BM dresses from Modern Bride and they are so friendly and helpful! Have fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not like david either..too commerical! Marry and tux is nice for bridal but not bridedmaid
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    swimlibswimlib member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from David's in Nashua! I can tell you try and go on a weekday, they are much less crowded (even friday night was nice and quiet when I picked up my dress). 

I checked out Modern Bride as well and nothing really struck my interest, same with Marry and Tux.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress and BM dresses at Marry and Tux. Stephanie was my consultant and she was fabulous.  Nothing but great things to say about them.  They are totally worth checking out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I loved Modern Bride.. had great experiences all three times I went there. If I never step foot in 125 Bridal again, it'd be too soon. They were the RUDEST most USELESS group of people. I called a week in advance to try on a dress... gave them style # and everything, they said they had it. I went all the way there only to be told "oh, we've never had that dress here as a sample". I also am not a fan of places where I can't browse the dresses myself to see what I might like. 9/10 times someone pulls something "for me" I hate it. Marry and Tux was friendly but didn't have the selection I would have liked. :)
    ~Rebecca~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards