Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Activities-St. Lucia Sandals Grande

Hello!  We are going to St. Lucia for HM and staying at the Sandals Grande.  I was thinking of purchasing some sort of activity for FI as a day-of-wedding gift.  But I have no idea which one!  I checked out the Sandals activities but the descriptions just seem so "pumped up" and maybe over priced??

Does anyone have any suggestions on any kind of activities that are great and worth the money?

Thanks!

Re: Activities-St. Lucia Sandals Grande

• Options

I stayed at the Regency about 5 years ago and we did the land and sea tour.  We loved it because you got to see all parts of the island (volcano, fishing villages, etc…) via bus but then via boat as well.   We wanted to snorkel as well, so that was a bonus.   It kind of combines several of the other individual tours together into one.  If you are looking for a romantic boat ride, I would not suggest the sunset sail (maybe it’s different now) but we won that free and it was just a glorified booze cruise.  The couples on there were just on there to get wasted, which wasn’t why we wanted to be on there.  We are drinkers, but I wanted something special, not a spring break atmosphere.  Oh and our bus driver was the bartender as well.   Made for a scary drive back! 

• Options
    Here's our review of our time at Sandals Grande. We go though what type of activites we did while we were there. HTH

Ps, we did book all activites though Sandals. Yes, they are expensive and I'm sure you can find locals that will do it much cheaper.

http://www.kristiandkerry.com/HTML/SandalsGrandStLuciaReview.html
  • Options
    with 10 days in St Lucia we did this:

1.  Horseback riding
    2.  Zip lining
    3.  FI - golf
    4.  Me - Spa Day
    5.  Island Tour with Cosol (just google him)
    6.  And helicopter ride from airport - freakin awesome!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yay. I am doing the helicopter. Im glad it is awesome  we leave tomorrow for Sandals Grande in St Lucia! I cannot wait. I will let you know how it was when I return.
  • Options
    Monkey girl- great review. Thank you. I will take this all into account!
  • Options
    Your welcome!
  • Options
    We are staying at Sandals Grande as well in November.  This has been a huge help!  How did you guys book the helicopter?
  • Options
    Next to the Grande is the Rodney Bay look out point.  It was like $5/10 pp and has great views of neighboring Martinique.  It's a bit of a hike up to the top but I'm not a very outdoorsy/hiking person. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards